Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hauni Baby Cigarette Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

leverhead

As an aside to the post "Marlboro Duplication", there was repeated mention of "Hauni Baby Cigarette Maker". I have a soft spot for machinery and this one does it for me! It would have a special spot in my shop, maybe even a shrine. It's a "rod" machine, it makes a continuous rod of rolled tobacco to be cut to length at the final station. the filter and tipping paper go on with another machine. In the link to the YouTube video, the narrator doesn't know dick. The "shredder" portion is a series of "carding" combs/brushes (like for cotton or wool) that distribute pre-shredded tobacco blend evenly on the belt.

799px-Zigarettenmaschine_Haunibaby_DZM.jpg

Here's a link to YouTube, it's only been up about a month. I'd like to find one of it running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrLWhFWKBEI

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
your rihght maybe he should have kept his mouth shut,

he's just guessing at what parts on the machine does,,,,lol

raduan123

Hello people :cool:

The link to youtube isn't working any more. Does anybody have more information on this "Hauni Baby Cigarette Maker"? The functioning principle... any vids of it actualy running... Please PM me.

The chinese are producing and selling a machine that they say works like the "Hauni Baby Cigarette Maker" :

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/105336834/Cigarette_maker.html

I have no idea how that works either, can anybody explain?

Thanks!

leverhead

raduan123
The video wasn't that informative, the guy selling it didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. The machine doesn't appear complete, but I'll describe it the best that I can.

In the middle of the machine, near the bottom, there should be a horizontal roll of cigarette paper paying out towards the right hand side of the machine. The process starts at the right side of the machine at the tobacco hopper, its not a shredder. The bright rolls are rotary cards, like for cotton or wool. They dispense the tobacco at a controlled rate at the beginning of the belt that has the paper on it, as it feeds to the left. The continuous line of paper and tobacco then come to a series of rolls that curl the paper up and over the top of the tobacco as it passes a glue applicator. To the left of the rolls is a bright block that finishes the glue lap, it's probably heated. The left end of the machine cuts the cigarettes to length.

As far as the chinese knock off, I'm sure the Germans are as pleased as the rest of the world. It probably has some scrap value.

Last edited by a moderator:

leverhead

How do you get the filter on thir?

That's a separate machine. They put a double length filter between two cigarettes and wrap "tipping paper" over the filter and the ends of the cigarettes, to attach them. Then they cut the filter in the middle to finish two cigarettes at once.

raduan123

anybody knows a machine that makes a cigarette rod like thhis "Hauni baby"? I meen small production....

Kev

I used to use one of these to make small batches of cigarettes for testing at Imperial Tobacco's Raleigh Road site in Bristol. 1 cigarette a second.
We used to get growers come in with 2 to 3 pounds of dried tobacco leaves for us to assess if viable grown in SW England. I was taught how to use it by the previous guy, Derek O'Leary.

Status
Not open for further replies.