Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cherroot cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjames74

Does anyone know how to make cherroot cigars ?
A video or info would be nice. There basically like backwoods cigars, witch i smoke alot. Just wanted to know how to make them and what tobacco to use for filler and wrapper.backwoods cigars.jpg

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
yeah, just 1 thick binder, no fancy wrapper, thats how i do mine.

backwoods just suck these days too, i thought they were good when i was younger, later on recently i bought some more and thought to myself, ack. big waste of cash.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Have you read the pack of them, it says;

"Years ago when man wanted a good cigar, he'd roll his own. Those cigars didn't look that refined, but they sure tasted mild and smelled good. Now you can enjoy the same kind of smoke with Backwoods. We take all natural filler tobacco which is selected for mildness, then we roll it in gentle-tasting Connecticut broadleaf, a dark tobacco that is aged for at least 12 months to bring out its naturally sweet taste and pleasing aroma. We make them like they used to. Backwoods sweet aromatic mild 'n natural cigars"

I don't know if they're talking about the realities on the pack.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Just the fact they are machine made make me view the whole "how they used to make them" in a dim light.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
What about the wrapper that was aged for at least 12 months? They make it sound like that's an unusually long time.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Cheeroots:

"Cheeroots are perculiar in their manufacture, not made by hand, but wound on a wire, both ends being cut flat. They are made from the finest Maryland tobacco, and are extensively imitated in France and Germany. They are sometimes sold for Turkish cigars"
This quote is from the 1859 book "Tobacco ,its History and Associations"

I doubt Backwwods are actually Cheeroots, there used to be videos on youtube of people (Indonesian??) making Cheeroots.

webmost

My grandson smokes those backwoods. So I went down to the store and smelt one. Gag. Two dozen 4 1/2" by 27 gauge soggy cigarillos for sixteen bucks. Bought him a pack of 20 Factory Throwouts 6 inch by 46 gauge and way more tastyfor twenty bucks. He loved them. I can't figure out the allure of those things.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Well to be fair, they are the best of the common types that can be found at any gas station. That's not saying a whole lot though

Matty

Anyone I ever saw with a backwoods would take them apart and re-purpose the leaf lol. I'm sure they're rolled with broadleaf, what's in the filler is anyone's guess.

webmost

True, but he was smoking Toscanos (from his Spaghetti Western days) so now we can smoke Toscanos if we want to roll like Clint.
I believe the Toscano factory is right up the Northeast Extension from Philly -- up Wilkes-Barre way.

Status
Not open for further replies.