Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Boboro's 2013 grow log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

I got the wife to clean my starter trays. Seeds will be ordered this week. Hope 13 aint unluckly for a log title.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i was thinking of starting my upcoming grow log, starting from dirt, to seed, to plant , curing and everything in between.

and hopefully documenting it good, enough for a beginner to do it,

Boboro

If we can give the beginner a good start we can keep the ball rollin an keep this the best tobacco growing site on the net. And we are.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well boboro,

me and you are in the best spots .. to start our crops early, im usaually the first out of the gate,

beings im the furtherst south member,

DGBAMA

No way I could go through starting seed for three grows in one season. U are better than I Boboro. However I will give a shot at getting two crops, I want to try the following:

Grow to budding stage & top all plants I do not want to save for seed.
Start priming a couple weeks later
remove all suckers EXCEPT the one closest to the ground
after most of the plant is primed, stalk harvest the upper portion
cut back the stalk to just above the single sucker and allow it to regrow
maybe I can get two crops.

I do realize the sucker will never match the size of the parent plant but space is at a premium so a double harvest even if the second is smaller is an acceptable trade-off.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are planning to bag and save seed from the sucker crop, rather than the initial crop, be sure to mark the best plants while the first growth is still standing. Once you have just the sucker, there's no way to identify the ideal specimens for seed saving.

Bob

Boboro

I mite have messed that up if you hadnt said somthan. I will most likely let them go to seed on the firist grow. We still usein 5 gal. paint strainers?

Boboro

Not much, Ordered some seed yesterday and finished cleanin the bacca room. It was to cold to work out side. Its wet and we had snow flurries. My 1st. out side jobs will be cutin trees from around yhe curein shed and makein it more air tite. I got to put up the green house in the shead also.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i may use a small greenhouse this year,

but during the winter, i turned my curing room into, a starting chamber, using h.i.d. light's.

i havent grown anything under them yet, but soon we will see how, it's gonna work,

i may start the seeds, around the middle of march,

Boboro

I always end up plantin them some where between 4wks. and 2 mounths with some extras for deaths. I spread my plantin out quite a bit.

Boboro

That didnt come out right. I will have to line the ceilin joist to keep the crap from the 2nd floor from fallin down on the bacca. Now my dad wants to get rid of the crap on the 2nd floor so I will have the whole shed. I dont know how well it will work for curin. Dont get a lot of sun and i cant seal it off but it will have a lot of room.

Status
Not open for further replies.