Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Greetings from the Buckeye

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeyebob

Organic tobacco Guru
Greetings from the Buckeye State,
I am here in the glacial alluvial hills of Morrow County Ohio for those of you that have studied Geology or read Louis Bromfield. We have a mix of some of the poorest soils and the richest on the planet. My farm has mostly rich river valley with a bit of top land that wouldn't grow rocks without help. We have farmed organically for 35 years and only recently started growing our own baccy. We have had two exceptional years and are smoking more and paying less , HA!HA! I had a Black Sea Samsun failure last year but the Bright Leaf was overwhelming. This year is exciting already and looks to be even more profitable smoke wise. We have four generations of patriot homesteaders on the farm defending liberty and the freedom to smoke , shoot , and hunt at our leisure . Sort of like a little liberty loving Waltons Mountain . We are Christian,conservative , and politically independent . Consider that well before you attempt to enforce Agenda 21 around these hills . Speak softly and carry a big Desert Eagle .

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it's nice to have new members thathave allready got a grow under thier belt,

sounds like you grow mass quantities,?

how many acres/ plants,???

this year im going bigger than last year,

buckeyebob

Organic tobacco Guru
I don't grow a huge crop. Just my personal smoke but I always try to have enough to never run out. My favorite commercial smoke is Camel non-filters. They are typically $3 more than all others per pack. That translates to $8 a pack here in the Buckeye . Yikes! We planted 50 Bright Leaf and 30 Black Sea Samsun last year but the Samsun failed completely. Had a late frost that May on the 18th that took the Samsun right out. The Bright Leaf didn't even get hurt though. It had a thin layer of ice on it and I got up that morning , took the hose and washed the ice off of every plant and when the sun came up they just stretched out their leaves and got bigger. We had not had a frost since March the 10th . The plants were in the ground on April 7th and were mostly 24 inches high when the frost hit. They were mostly 10 - 12 inchs when transplanted. The frost is always a huge gamble here in the Ohio River Valley and I have a terrible habit of getting too antsy for planting time. I usually grow enough plants for a 2nd planting in case I get caught with my pants down but I didn't last year dammit.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That would be the year a late frost hits. When you don't have backups. We have a commercial grower here on the forum that sells seedlings so if you get caught out again he can help save the day. BigBonner is his name and tobacco is his game. He's from KY but we don't hold that against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.