Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

single leaf cheroot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I tried this today and it was a smashing success.

Take leaf that is high enough case to work and frog the leaf about 4" in from the base.

Separate the leaf from the rest of the midrib and discard this midrib.

Take the original 4" cut from the frogging and if it is excessively wide at the end just snip the wide part off, most i didint have to snip

Now you have 1 4"ish piece of midrib and 2 half leaves.

Take one have and fold it in half with the ribs up. start at the fold and roll the frog up in leaf.

Take the next half leaf and roll a nice wrapper on about half way till it starts to form a foot, cut, and pigtail.

This makes a 4x28 or so cheroot and once that midrib is all the way into low case (low humidity here, takes a few days) they make a great short winter smoke. The rib burns great and allows a perfect run of air down the middle.

they take about a minute or two to make and about 10-15 to smoke. great little puros.
cheroot.jpg

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Sounds great but I don't know what "froging" a leaf is. Can you show a pic before you start rolling? Sorry for the dense question. -·-

BarG

Founding Member
Thats cool smokes! I took your idea and modified since all my fermented leaf is deribbed.I took a pa red half and rolled up a 5" piece of bursa stem that was allready dry. Smokes burns and tastes great. Mine turned out about the same diam. as a cig.

I've been looking for a quick easy way with no papers ,tubes or glue. the leaf was just about the right case for a binder.

I have tried rolling stems with shredded or scraps for a quick cheroot but I like this better.

BarG

Founding Member
Sounds great but I don't know what "froging" a leaf is. Can you show a pic before you start rolling? Sorry for the dense question. -·-

John, leave the stem attached 4-5" at bottom of leaf and remove the thicker upper stem.

cheroot #2... a couple short marilyn leaves cut 5" bunched around a dry bezuki stem and wrapped w' fl. sumatra. You can roll them tight and still draws well.
100_2253.jpg
This pic. taken 5 min. after lighting.

DonH

I still don't get it. Can you post some pictures of how it's cut and how it's rolled? Sounds like a great technique.

Matty

Hey, good job Smokes ;) I've done similar rolling like yours before to try new leaf, I just don't use the rib. All I do is stem a leaf, take one of the halves, fold it in half and roll it up. Without the stem they are usually a little squishy to hold onto but burn and smoke decent.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yeah that's why I added the stem, and with it they can be clenched without losing draw. Frog leg is just cutting the first 1/4 of rib out.

darren1979

First Time Grower
Thats a cool technique ill try that this year. ps love the photo with the ammo catalogue', damn i wish i was born in the US.

Randy

darren1979; that was a cool picture!! but if some get there way..he would be jail!!

Randy

Randy

That Cheroot reminds me of one of my favorite cigerilos smokes..VS makes some called the "55" series some of the BEST short smokes you can buy!!

Randy

darren1979

First Time Grower
darren1979; that was a cool picture!! but if some get there way..he would be jail!!

Randy

Yer i guess you have some nut jobs in every society :) I like the fact America has the constitution and people stick up for it. We had one once what the American constitution was based on called the 'english bill of rights'

webmost

I tried this today and it was a smashing UNsuccess.

I have quite a few bezuki leaves left over from Don's sampler pack; maybe a dozen or fifteen. Could be that fact right there. Maybe mine are smaller or maybe mine are thinner than yours, so maybe that's why I have so many left over. I can tell you there werent' but one or two halves out of the whole bunch which were not wide enough and flawless enough to use as a wrapper. Regardless, whatever it was, the one leaf cheroot from a reasonably small nice and fine grained bazooka wrapper leaf yields a a slender little stick not worth smoking. Skinny and loose. Tried wrapping one over another, but that came out loose.

Maybe some other thicker leaf would do better.

I dunno where I went wrong.

Gotta do something else with these last leaves.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I have quite a few bezuki leaves left over from Don's sampler pack; maybe a dozen or fifteen. Could be that fact right there. Maybe mine are smaller or maybe mine are thinner than yours, so maybe that's why I have so many left over.

I dunno where I went wrong.

Gotta do something else with these last leaves.
I take too small leaves and overlap two of them for wrapper. the first holds the second down at the overlap and I continue rolling. It's not the prettiest cigar but it tastes just as good. -·-

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Webmost,
Are you angling the wrapper leaf so that the veins are parallel to the axis of the cigar? Most Bezuki wrapper will easily cover an 8" long 50 ring cigar.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.