• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

2018... My Most Challenging and Biggest Grow Ever--Levi Gross

deluxestogie

Administrator
I would move them somewhere for drying, and maybe even exposure to sunlight. The mold seems to be on the succulent stems. You can spray with the H[sub]2[/sub]O[sub]2[/sub].

Bob

ciennepi

In the past I often had mold on the stem of leafs that are air drying. Now when the leaf are brown I cut out the most part of the stem and put the leafs flat in a cardboard box to dry completly.

BarG

Founding Member
Levi, you have a most interesting grow .You will be fine . You had some great pics. I don't like any molds. You can separate the mold from your leaves maybe , it looks primarily on the stems.

Charly

In the past I often had mold on the stem of leafs that are air drying. Now when the leaf are brown I cut out the most part of the stem and put the leafs flat in a cardboard box to dry completly.
I do exactly the same as Ciennepi, when the weather becomes too humid (soon in my location) I remove the main stem as soon as my leaves are "enough" color cured and I finish the drying on papers in my house.

Levi Gross

I do exactly the same as Ciennepi, when the weather becomes too humid (soon in my location) I remove the main stem as soon as my leaves are "enough" color cured and I finish the drying on papers in my house.
I believe that I will try this course of action as soon as I get the free time thanks for the advice!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Yes. Little Yellow is an heirloom, dark-air variety. Short stature, but large leaves. My Little Yellow was considerably milder than most other dark-air that I've sampled, but that may or may not have been a fluke. While growing, the leaves are a fairly light color, and densely covered with sticky trichomes (leaf hairs). Mine could have been used in just about any tobacco preparation (cigarettes, cigars, pipe, smokeless).

I think I may grow it again in 2019, now that I'm better at tobacco growing and curing than I was then.

Bob