Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

2018... My Most Challenging and Biggest Grow Ever--Levi Gross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi Gross

image.jpgK358 priming pile curing. Inside my house is around 65-70 degree Fahrenheit and 70% humidity image.jpgDoing the same thing with some Düzce, Samsun-Maden, and Costa Rica 589. The leaf was becoming very leathery and spotted yellow with all three of these oriental types. The suckers were out of control and plant height was over five feet. Not sure how this is going to turn out but hopefully I will be able to Yellow all the leaf and get strung up to sun cure.

I’m starting to put all my money on the Prilep plants I got from Bigbonner for successful oriental/turkish Tobacco

ChinaVoodoo

View attachment 23987K358 priming pile curing. Inside my house is around 65-70 degree Fahrenheit and 70% humidity View attachment 23988Doing the same thing with some Düzce, Samsun-Maden, and Costa Rica 589. The leaf was becoming very leathery and spotted yellow with all three of these oriental types. The suckers were out of control and plant height was over five feet. Not sure how this is going to turn out but hopefully I will be able to Yellow all the leaf and get strung up to sun cure.

I’m starting to put all my money on the Prilep plants I got from Bigbonner for successful oriental/turkish Tobacco

Looks like it's all rolling along nicely. I've just begun.

ciennepi

I have similar temperature but usually less humidity (around 50%) and have find that pile curing in a closed cardboard box is the only way to avoid flash green curing.

CobGuy

What you see here is color-curing in a pile. It's not pile fermentation.

Bob

Yep ... most of the time I see folks color curing in a pile it seems like they have a fair amount of leaf.
I have extremely low humidity here and plan on using this method.
However, afterwards will be an air cure followed by a fridge fermentation. :)

ciennepi

I don't smoke much, mostly a cigar or a few cigarette with friends once a week. But a lot of enjoing is the grow and the processing of tobacco itself.

Levi Gross

I am fighting the war on weeds and pest. Thursday evening I dusted everything and eradicated the aphids and worms. Trying to grow without pesticides is a daunting task and the worm got a huge taste of my tobacco plants. I am weeding sections at a time and gaining ground again. Note the weeds in the picture above and the one at dusk with no weeds around the Prilep. Here is a drying rack I made up as well.

Attachments

• 30367E33-50CC-45D6-97A2-C74F536F30A7.jpg
    30367E33-50CC-45D6-97A2-C74F536F30A7.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Charly

Pests and weeds are part of the game ;)
Like you I use no pesticide because I want organic natural tobacco :)

Good luck with your fight !

Levi Gross

B5E31436-4E0B-4E09-9340-C6679A12C215.jpgThis is some of my Samsun Maden that was left in a pile until complete brown and then dried out and shredded. My question is... I wonder if I could just stick it in a mason jar with the lid off out in the sun and cure it further seeing that it’s only a couple wks. Old using the natural humidity and drying elements of nature?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.