Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Got my new Knucklehead pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yeah I saw that, is it gonna keep that rusticated rim? I bet you have a masterpiece on your hands there.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The rim was the outside of the burl. I wire brushed off the bark and that was what was left. Yeah I'm leaving it and making a huge bowl to show more of it.

DrBob

Founding Member
I got to show off my new pipe yesterday, The standard comment was WOW! that is a nice pipe! Exactly what I said when I opened the box. The second comment was what brand is it? The answer was it is a "Knucklehead" pipe. Hand made by a craftsman in alabama by a man called Knuckelhead.

I like that pipe

DGBAMA

A nice piece for sure.........careful passing on too many compliments though; he may have to change his name to "SwelledKnuckleHead". lol.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Don't worry, it's more than offset by the critiques on the pipe makers forum. The only compliment I got over there was on my jig. I like you guys. You're all blissfully ignorant. ROFL.gif

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I showed it to my dad today, he was really impressed. I think you might be making the guys on the pipe forums a little nervous though.

BigMikeChevy

knucklehead
can you make a the 614 style on the second page? thats what i smoke. i also up the deal with a lucite bit because it gets smoked just about from sun up to sun down and the original style bit is a little to soft and shows wear faster.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
knucklehead
can you make a the 614 style on the second page? thats what i smoke. i also up the deal with a lucite bit because it gets smoked just about from sun up to sun down and the original style bit is a little to soft and shows wear faster.

Which second page? I'm building two rifles right now so the pipes are on the back burner. .257 Roberts and a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser.

BigMikeChevy

thought it picked up the pics of pipes on one of your other posts second page of the savinnelli pictures its a 614 style looks like a saxaphone.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I looked at it. I have no idea how they got the chamber hole and the airway hole to meet. My only guess would be that they drilled a hole from the outside and then plugged that hole. The only thing against that theory is that they should have rusticated to disguise the plug. I'll look into it further later. Maybe post the picture at www.pipemakersforum.com.

DGBAMA

Which second page? I'm building two rifles right now so the pipes are on the back burner. .257 Roberts and a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser.

Had a Japanese 6.5x57. Shell casings were made from .257 roberts brass. A sweethart caliber to shoot. Accurate, medium power, low recoil.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That 6.5 Jap is a good caliber. Much better than the 7.7. The 257 Roberts is a 7mm Mauser necked down to .25 cal. It's a sweet shooter too. Great medium game caliber. The 6.5x55 is almost finished, mostly just rubbing out the linseed oil. It will be my truck/four wheeler gun during the off season. No scope, just ghost ring sights for rough use and fast handling.(18" barrel :eek:) The stock is finished on the 257, I lack cleaning up and shaping the bolt where I bent the straight bolt down for scope clearance, and painting all the metal with Ceracoat, then mounting the scope.

DGBAMA

Also have a 7x57 on a remington rolling block action, neat shooter. I generally avoid terms like "necked down" around people I do not know to avoid confusion. Guess we have something else in common besides tobacco. My favorite pistol is my T/C Contender in 7-30 waters; cases are made by necking down 30-30 brass for the 7mm bullet and fire forming.

Status
Not open for further replies.