Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmg

Well, this is my "first" with tobacco that I grew myself. Really not much aging to the leaves at all as I was mainly wanting to practice the rolling process. This particular one came out pretty good. I haven't had a cigar in nearly two years so this one gave me a pretty good kick in the rear. The draw was great, though towards the last third of the cigar I noticed it getting some soft spots...inconsistent packing, I guess? The only other thing is that my wrapper leaf's veins were more prominent than I'd like in a wrapper. All in all, though, it wasn't bad. Not great, but not bad.
8477507932_c618785922_z.jpg

webmost

Damn fine job. You say this is the first from leaf you grew yourself ... I assume you must have rolled before from bought leaf. Excellent burn, excellent even cylindrical shape. I'd be happy as a clam if I could roll that well.

MarkMOH

Did you use a cigar mold on it? If not I think you did an awesome job. Did you press the wrapper leaf to help with the veins?

jmg

Did you use a cigar mold on it? If not I think you did an awesome job. Did you press the wrapper leaf to help with the veins?

Nope, no mold and didn't press the leaf (though that would have been smart) Once I rolled it in the wrapping leaf (not the wrapper...the one you use before that to hold all the filler together. Sorry, can't remember what each is called) I then rolled it up tight in tin foil as it was the only thing I had at the time to help hold the shape. I left it rolled up like that for about an hour and then rolled it in the final wrapper leaf.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Nope, no mold and didn't press the leaf (though that would have been smart) Once I rolled it in the wrapping leaf (not the wrapper...the one you use before that to hold all the filler together. Sorry, can't remember what each is called) I then rolled it up tight in tin foil as it was the only thing I had at the time to help hold the shape. I left it rolled up like that for about an hour and then rolled it in the final wrapper leaf.
Binder and then wrapper.

Last edited:

Ashauler

Founding Member
Yep, very nice looking cigar. The ash appears to be well colored. Nice job!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Thats a good looking cigar for you first go, and holding a good ash.
Well done!!!

i gotta agree,

thier are things you can do to the leaf to ease. that '' bite''

thiers many threads concerning all stages to producing a fine cigar, on this SITE,

Marlee

One thing that can help smooth out the veins is trying rolling out the veins with a roller pin. It helps make a smooth looking cigars. Your looks very nice! Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.