Whole leaf tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I will email you for a address and see how to ship to the UK
I have never shipped there yet .

janetta007

Question that probably been asked a million times. So one pound of tobacco is roughly 2 cartons of cigarettes?

DonH

Question that probably been asked a million times. So one pound of tobacco is roughly 2 cartons of cigarettes?
Yep. About that. Figure about 1 gram per cigarette. A pound has 454 grams but you'll lose some weight removing mid ribs. 2 cartons equals 400 cigs.

21up

Hey OldCigarette
if you find out price of baccy to uk LEEDS please let me know
as could do with more variety
thanks mate
cheers Peter

Chris A

BB sent me a sample of the Dark Fired back in the spring. I tried it but its just not my thing. Happy to forward it on to someone who would also like to give it a try. 1st PM with name & address gets it.

DonH

BB sent me a sample of the Dark Fired back in the spring. I tried it but its just not my thing. Happy to forward it on to someone who would also like to give it a try. 1st PM with name & address gets it.
Do you smoke cigarettes? I'm not crazy about it in cigarettes either but it's amazing in pipe blends.

janetta007

Sounds like it would be a very strong smoke "Dark Fire"

DonH

Sounds like it would be a very strong smoke "Dark Fire"
The "Dark Fire" refers to the curing method. It's fire cured which is done with small fires smouldering in the curing shed. The smoke of the fire flavors the tobacco as it cures. Like smoking meat. It's actually pretty smooth but tastes very smoky. It's used in pipe blends and in European style cigarettes. Also in Italian cigars.

Chris A

It has been claimed by a young lady for her husband.

No, I'm a cigar smoker and with what Don has sold me I'm getting VERY spoiled.

rose

Been quite awhile since someone called me young but hey, I'll take it ;)

Thanks so much Chris/hubby is looking forward to the arrival.

Admins...where is a hug emoticon? You have enough ladies to justify such me thinks...

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Grumpy suggestion: With over 1 million words in the English language, you could always resort to saying what you mean.

Bob

One problem with the printed word and trying to express emotions or humor is that a lot times people will take things the wrong way or take you seriously when you're not, unless you can convey in some other way the intended emotion or humor, especially dry humor. I've seen it many times on this forum. (I've been the cause of some of it, for which I apologized.) Voice inflections and facial expressions just do not translate well into print unless one is an especially gifted wordsmith like yourself.

DGBAMA

One problem with the printed word and trying to express emotions or humor is that a lot times people will take things the wrong way or take you seriously when you're not, unless you can convey in some other way the intended emotion or humor, especially dry humor. I've seen it many times on this forum. (I've been the cause of some of it, for which I apologized.) Voice inflections and facial expressions just do not translate well into print unless one is an especially gifted wordsmith like yourself.

Spoken word when you can not see the facial expression and body language of the speaker can be almost ass bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.