Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Whole leaf tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

4wdboss

I haven't bought off "Leaf Only" since March.......and I started with leaf in Feb 2017......Don's tobacco was just better and stored in much better bags. I'm gonna buy Big's baccy next week even though I have plenty here. Planning on buying yellow + orange virginia's both. Maybe some YTB, not sure on that.

I got my order of Havana, aged burly, and dark air from BB yesterday. Got my order of dark air and Virginia red tips from WLT last Fri.
I must say I'm extremely pleased with BB's product. It's what I thought buying whole leaf was all about. And this is my very first experience with leaf tobacco.

ZigZagZeppelin

Good to hear, 4wdboss.

The longer you work with the bacca leaf the more you learn. It gets better and better. Don's "Red Tips" I can smoke without adding any other tobacco. Nice rich full bodied tobacco. I've never had Dark Air but I make cigarettes not cigars.

burge

I know it gets better and better because your making it getting high end tobacco supporting farmers to get a fair price for there product. I go and give a smoke to someone they light it and the first reaction is omg this is good tobacco. Both lemons are exceptional from Don and Big Bonner and they are for me anyhow must haves.

4wdboss

Wow, just found 2 more samples Big threw in. I'm like I damb kid at Disneyland going through his tobacco. You can sure see he takes pride in his product.

burge

I know and generous. Like Dons both are great but leaves. I just did a blend of yellow and lemon. Really.good.

ZigZagZeppelin

Wow, just found 2 more samples Big threw in. I'm like I damb kid at Disneyland going through his tobacco. You can sure see he takes pride in his product.

Just sent Big B a check, my order is lotsa Yellow VFC, a few lbs of Orangish vfc, one lb of the famous YTB everybody raves about. Haven't smoked anything other then Don's Red, Lemon, Maaryland or Prilep in many many months. It'll be like xmas trying new batches of VFC.

burge

Just made a blend of the orangey yellow and Dons lemon its tasty. I have mixed all 3 together its tasty. I have done yellow and lemon together its tasty. Combinations are endless.

4wdboss

Cooked up 2 half gallon batches of WLT(this is Don I'm assuming) Dark Air, and a quart of Virginia Red tips. I don't think the VRT is gonna make a good chew, trial and error. But I've quit buying leaf chew, and am surviving off home made now, and needed to get some stocked.

Will do small batches of BB,s to see what I think will be good blended, and go from there.

burge

I guess with me is that I taste each leaf individually and then decide what goes with what.

ZigZagZeppelin

8 lb package arrived from Big B.
First noticed: good looking cured tobacco, the YTB smells great. All the leaves look good and still have some moisture, nothing is over dried out.

Just deribbing now, will smoke some later today.

Mainly the light yellow VFC has more moisture then what I had been buying, but none of it is ruined black/brittle stuff....not even the leave ends! I'm sure its gonna be great.

BigBonner

Founding Member
This air here was full of moisture . I would lay tobacco out and it absorbed moisture up quick .
Mix in some YTB , Burley or silver river . See if that changes the flavor .

ZigZagZeppelin

This air here was full of moisture . I would lay tobacco out and it absorbed moisture up quick .
Mix in some YTB , Burley or silver river . See if that changes the flavor .

It's been good as a "blender" from the get go. But to smoke it (the yellow) as a standalone tobacco I'll wait a few days.

I didn't order Silver River.....don't have that. Just the 3 (yellow, red and YTB)

BigBonner

Founding Member
I thought I put a few sample leaves in the package with a tag marked silver river . I may have forgot to .

ZigZagZeppelin

I did find a small ziplock baggie with a BURSA sample, inside the 2 lb bag of orange/red vfc.

But the center of that 5 lb WET bag of yellow VFC you sold me is moldy. I threw away a good bit, no need to reimburse me. I learned a lesson, stick with WLT tobacco.

I put all of that 5 lbs in a large box, left it in my attic all this time. had plenty of time to dry. The outside top I could see was ok....But once I dug thru all of it I was pretty pissed.

If you sell tobacco it should arrive ready to shred anyways.

ADDED BY deluxestogie: ZZZ has expressed his second thoughts about this post. See the subsequent discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.