Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My new Avatar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Well, I finally got around to uploading an Avatar. This is a drawing from the 1859 Tobacco book by Fairholt. The drawing shows "... the hand of death holding a balance, enforcing the lesson that the pleasures of the king's crown and the poor man's pipe are equal"

istanbulin

Founding Member
Well, I finally got around to uploading an Avatar. This is a drawing from the 1859 Tobacco book by Fairholt. The drawing shows "... the hand of death holding a balance, enforcing the lesson that the pleasures of the king's crown and the poor man's pipe are equal"

The pipe really resembles old English clay pipes. As said, those pipes were generally used by relatively poor people. When the price of the tobacco was astronomically high in Europe, the bowl of those clay pipes were incredibly small that all of the tobacco in the bowl burned out within few puffs.

BTW, very good and meaningful avatar :)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
JBD,
Your new avatar is well chosen. Either pipes are made of gold, or crowns are made of clay. I guess that could also represent the ghost of George Washington, deciding which would be a wiser acquisition: a royal title, or a good smoke.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.