Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Anybody know who this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I saw this on ebay and judging by the terminology he uses, he sounds like someone who visits the forum...often.

Shade grown Burley

I think what we're doing here has inspired some pretty good ideas...and this is another one. A shade grown Burley has to be milder than sun grown (obviously), but I wonder if it is mild enough to smoke without toasting. It also looks like it would make a nice wrapper.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I hate when this happens but now I'm going to have to throw in some Burley under my shade cloth this year to see how it turns out. Just have to figure out what Burley to plant. I don't care for TN90.

DonH

I saw this on ebay and judging by the terminology he uses, he sounds like someone who visits the forum...often.

Shade grown Burley

I think what we're doing here has inspired some pretty good ideas...and this is another one. A shade grown Burley has to be milder than sun grown (obviously), but I wonder if it is mild enough to smoke without toasting. It also looks like it would make a nice wrapper.

I think I grew shade grown Burley without wanting to last year. My plot gets 8-10 hours of direct sunlight a day and I noticed the leaves are thin like wrapper. The Burley does taste smooth without toasting. I am going to try some tonight after I shred a couple leaves I brought up to case and I'll report back.

I really have to take down those trees on the west and north edge of my plot.

DonH

I shredded a leaf of the shade grown Burley and made a roll-up with it. It was smooth. Still had some Burley flavor and a bit of a throat hit, but not much. It was also primed relatively early. And this was not kilned and was only aged in low temps for six months. Good nicotine levels, too.

I need to wait until the attic warms up to complete the aging.

Status
Not open for further replies.