Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

So. Cal newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

docfitch1

Hi. This is my first post. I am a retired teacher with an interest in Native plants and their uses. I have been gardening for a long time and have wanted to grow native tobacco. After checking the internet, I see that their are many "native" heirloom tobaccos available. I live at 4600' in the high desert/foothill area of Southern California and from what I have read, tobacco should do fine. I'm looking to the forum for advice on curing and storing the final product.

Ken

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum Ken. Start with the FAQ's on the header at the top of the page. We expect all assignments to be turned in on time and ask plenty of questions as there will be a pop quiz afterwards.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
newbie's can expect quite a bit of hazing. But it's all in good fun since we can't get to you to give wedgie's.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Yeah but hazing is all he has to worry about. Chicken, boboro and Indianjoe all ganged up and gave me a wedgie.

DGBAMA

This will be my first year grow too. welcome.

I grew up in ca, did a lot of rabbit hunting in those socal high desert areas. I remember afternoon winds being pretty strong in the summer. Check out pics of some of last years Grow Logs for ideas on tying/trellising plants to keep them from falling over. Also consider orienting your rows with the wind to minimize exposure. Tobacco can get quite tall.

docfitch1

This will be my first year grow too. welcome.

I grew up in ca, did a lot of rabbit hunting in those socal high desert areas. I remember afternoon winds being pretty strong in the summer. Check out pics of some of last years Grow Logs for ideas on tying/trellising plants to keep them from falling over. Also consider orienting your rows with the wind to minimize exposure. Tobacco can get quite tall.

We can get some winds, but it's usually not too bad where I am. I'm at 4600 feet north of Wrightwood. Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.