Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

smokesahoy 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
another note about the paper towel method, if you don't move as fast as the seeds pop they root to the towel and you can't move them without ruining them, but if you submerge the towel in a bowl of water you can scoop the ones that come off with a teaspoon

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Sorry. I should have started a thread. Can a super moderator move this stuff out of your grow blog? cursin.gif

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
it's all good man, i don't mind my thread wandering around:)

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
so i dont think i will do the paper towel method again, you just have to be ready to grab the seeds the moment they pop or too many grow into the towel. maybe a white sand mixture in a tupperware would be better for getting them out if you miss the golden moment with the towel, oh well i dont feel like regerminating so i am just going to go with the 80 or so that i have transplanted already.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
One thing I noticed in using the paper towel method and the greenhouse jar method, is that I had a little bit better germination rate in the paper towels. But, after my plants started dying, I was able to replant from the jars without losing much growth time. The plants will live for weeks in the jars without having to add water or even look at them. There are still plants alive in my jars. So, doing both methods would cover all the bases. Good, fast germination in the paper towel, and back up plants in the jars.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
so i dont think i will do the paper towel method again, you just have to be ready to grab the seeds the moment they pop or too many grow into the towel. maybe a white sand mixture in a tupperware would be better for getting them out if you miss the golden moment with the towel, oh well i dont feel like regerminating so i am just going to go with the 80 or so that i have transplanted already.
I solved the "growing into the towel" problem by cutting squares of towel, seedlings and all and planting them. It seems to be doing OK so far. Will report when I know for sure.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
yeah smartest thing is probably just to copy the professional that does this for a living lol, nextyear

Status
Not open for further replies.