Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

my new chaveta

Status
Not open for further replies.

jekylnz

DSC_0414.jpg

Just thought I'd show everyone out there whats available ,I found this one in a kitchen shop in nz,cost me $25 nzd.not bad for the price. Wouldn't be able to roll with it though cause of handle.this ones made by scanpan 6.5 inch(17cm)

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Very nice. I have TAD (Tool Acquisition Disorder) and really get off on new tools.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That looks like a good, workable chaveta, especially for the price. Although the distance from the edge to where your hand will rest seems a bit long, it is much better than most kitchen ulus that are sold. The only issue this presents is that it requires a greater arm motion while cutting--not likely an issue, unless you plan to roll dozens of cigars at a time. The presence of the handle (as opposed to a bare steel edge) will also allow you to apply the force needed to neatly shred a firm bunch of tobacco for pipe.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I like the handle also. I began using a flat, thin board to roll and tighten the cigar after a nasty cut using my chaveta for that purpose.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
When needed, I smooth a rolled cigar by flattening my hands, palms down, with the fingers of the two hands aligned to each other like a chevron, then draw (roll) the cigar beneath them several times on the cutting board. This works best with a binder-wrapped bulk, before applying the wrapper.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
It was 9:43pm on 3/7 there when he posted. It was 3:43am on 3/7 here. Six hours. twak.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.