Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tobacco TI Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

darren1979

First Time Grower
Does anyone know if there is a list with all tobacco TI numbers?
Ive searched the tobacco institute but its bringing up millions of hits per TI number.

Ive found a source of tobacco seeds very similar to grin but 90% have no names only TI numbers and country of origin

Darren

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Go to this ARS-GRIN page: http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npg...nk&si=0&si=1&.cgifields=si&.cgifields=reverse [and bookmark it]
In the search box, enter your number (e.g. ti 1409). Since this link is pre-set to show both active and inactive accessions, if the TI number has ever been there, it will show up. If all you have is a PI number, then do the same thing, but for PI.

Bob

NOTE: Of course, your mystery source may not use the same numbering system as ARS-GRIN.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Here's a thread originally posted before GRIN closed the tobacco seed program.

http://fairtradetobacco.com/showthr...ld-accessions-held-by-GRIN&highlight=complete

Click on the link in the first post, then next to the first "List" box click on "and unavailable" and and "historical accessions". The "sorted by number" box should be checked automatically, but you can always check "or name" (if you want the list to display in alphabetical order.

I see an additional 18 accessions have been added since the time of the original post.

darren1979

First Time Grower
Thank you gentleman,
There seem to be some good variety on the website, I wont go public on the site yet until i know they will send out seed. But i will say its an european genebank supplied to me by a family members partner who works in the pharmaceutical industry.

Here a quick snippit available, *************, **********,***********, *******, *********** Plus there are some with no names or TI numbers or some with donation country with a name such as American!

Sorry to be cloak and dagger but I hope you understand and all seed im able to get will be going to the seed bank if they are wanted.

***Edit***, The names have been changed to protect their identity

Last edited by a moderator:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
If your intention is to protect the identity of the site, please be a little more careful with what kind of information you offer to the public.

I believe one of the reasons the GRIN was shut down was because it was overwhelmed with orders/requests. The site you're referring to could meet the same demise if it isn't protected.

darren1979

First Time Grower
Thank you Don, I guess I got a little excited. Do you think any of the seed I listed would be wanted by the seedbank? or worth collecting for the future. It would be a shame to loose another source for tobacco seeds so I guess ill be a lot more careful, would it be ok to pm you with a list when i compile one? Darren

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I think any variety coming from a trusted source is worth having. I haven't had time to look at the site very thoroughly and the language barrier might become an issue, but I'll send a link to Bob and let him have a go at it.

There's no reason for everyone who visits our site to order or request seeds from your source as it would likely meet the same end as the GRIN.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I posted a pdf to a complete list of introduction numbers with values a while ago i wonder if i can find it again.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I posted a pdf to a complete list of introduction numbers with values a while ago i wonder if i can find it again.

Nothing is ever lost. All you have to do is look in the last place you would otherwise look and it will be there. Haven't you ever notice as soon as you think something is lost, it's always in the last place you look?

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
both pdfs are too big to post, that must be why i couldnt find my post on it, i never did.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
if i could remember i would. i sent them to don if they arent too much of a resource hog he might host them

Status
Not open for further replies.