Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My other project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisherman

Both really.................... It was supposed to be 8 meters and 8 yards fit plywood better. It was sorta build off plans for the Haven 26.
I changed it a lot tho. I had never built with a V bottom so wanted to make sure I was close to having something that was right.
The hull was easy. It was the dam glass and my job that eat up all the time. Like this last month. Wore out and dam skeeters :(
We got a new kind that is armored. You dont just smear them around . You hit them twice. take some of their lip them rap the hell outa them a last time before their lil body falls to the ground.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
We got a new kind that is armored. You dont just smear them around . You hit them twice. take some of their lip them rap the hell outa them a last time before their lil body falls to the ground.

lil bodies? I wish our skeeters had little bodies. The ones we have around here can stand flat footed and screw a turkey.

Ben Brand

Nice boat Fish.
Bought myself a alu boat from Botswana, a few years ago, very nice, did a lot of bass fishing in the rivers in SA.
About 3 years ago my wife decided to go back to the uk, reacon she was fed up with living in a 3rd word country. I sold everything, Boat, Pick up, furniture I mean everything, wife went to the UK 3 months before me, when I arrived she decided it wasn`t so bad after all, and we decided to come back to SA. So here I am, no boat, had to buy a new car, furniture etc.
Enjoy your nice boat, hope you catch a lot of fish. Think about me, fishing out of a little blow up boat now.
Ben

ps. Moral of the story, don`t listen to your wife!!!!!!!!!

workhorse_01

Yes, but that is some beautiful ammo for the next twenty years..... Remember when I sold everything and followed you back to England....... I think we'll do it my way now.:D

Fisherman

Well, I am glad to report that the cabin will be finished outside at least in the next few weeks. I plan to hire a small crew and finish the windows, doors and cabin shell when my small windfall check comes in later in December. I hve found a small legal shrimp net and have ordered some oyster tongs from a great builder in old home town and have my crab trabs on standby.

We went to go out the other day and the water pump went out as well as the jackplate pump. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

On bright side the guides for the trailer worked great and we had her loaded on trailer in 10 minutes or so. Repair not to high but came at bad time and will fix later in the month as shrimp season is all but legally and otherwise over and oyster season was postponed due to heavy rains upstate.

Will post pics later and on boat build site also which is like a year behind :(

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Hey, welcome back big guy. I was wondering where you had snuck off to, I guess it was the gulf!

workhorse_01

Good to hear from you fish. You know how boats are, you're no newcomer, fix when you can and have a killer next season. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.