Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Special Design Humidors

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
While I was looking for a humidor, I saw the David Linley's site. You may know him, a furniture and accessorices designer. One of the humidors in the web site is very interesting to me. "Turkish Humidor". The theme of the humidor is palaces of the Bosphorus in İstanbul. Every side of the humidor represent of an enterance door of a palace located in İstanbul (Dolmabahçe, Küçüksu, Çırağan and Beylerbeyi Palaces).

turkish-humidor-2-sides.jpg

turkish-humidor-completely-.jpg

Actually real doors of the palaces are really more magnificent but as a humidor it may be hard to represent detailed work of them.

The door of the Dolmabahçe Palace in İstanbul.
Dolmabahce.jpg

Price of this humidor is £ 49000 ($ 73500) !

There're also different humidors inspired by different architectural symbols in the world, e.g. Partagas and El Laguito humidors.

http://www.davidlinley.com/furniture-and-bespoke-design/architectural-boxes/bespoke-commissions

Last edited:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
When your humidor arrives, we want to see more close up pictures. :D BarG could make one for half that much money.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
What a breathtaking piece! When I was in Incerlik many years ago, I visited a Meerschaum Pipe workshop. One item on display was a pipe that duplicated Michelangelo's Pieta. I wish I had photographed the pipe.

1pieta1.jpg

Bob

istanbulin

Founding Member
What a breathtaking piece! When I was in Incerlik many years ago, I visited a Meerschaum Pipe workshop. One item on display was a pipe that duplicated Michelangelo's Pieta. I wish I had photographed the pipe.

Bob

Actually when I saw that humidor, my first sentence was "what a breathtaking price !" :)

I didn't know that there's a meerschaum pipe workshop in İncirlik. A photo of that pipe would be great indeed.

istanbulin

Founding Member
When your humidor arrives, we want to see more close up pictures. :D BarG could make one for half that much money.

I never thought to buy that, its price is three times of my car's price :) But if BarG is interested in making a replica of it, the web site is providing some detailed drawings like these.

turkish3.jpg

turkish2.jpg

BarG

Founding Member
That may be out of my league. If I was independently wealthy or had a year to work on such a thing and had a buyer. If you can draw it you can build it.

BarG

Founding Member
Heres a picture of a box I am going to repair. It was brought over from Slovakia by my son in laws grandfather. As you can tell humidity swings have not been kind to it. It would make a nice humidor though, maybe I'll have to say I lost it when I'm done.;)

100_2288.jpg
You can see a pressure cooker in background for a second batch of black cavindish.

100_2289.jpg

istanbulin

Founding Member
Which suspension bridge is pictured? Golden Gate maybe?

It's Bosphorus (Boğaziçi) Bridge in İstanbul. Bosphorus is the strait connects the Sea of Marmara to the Black Sea. This bridge is one of the suspension bridges in İstanbul. These bridges in İstanbul among the Bosphorus have a special point, they connect two continents of the World and İstanbul which is lying on two continents, Asia and Europe.

uf7w0.jpg

uf7up.jpg

Last edited:

istanbulin

Founding Member
BarG, are you planning to repair the box (in the 1st page) to its original state ? If not, I have a lot of motif patterns for wood carving. Like these ones below;

kundekari9.jpg

3.jpg

BarG

Founding Member
That is exactly what I'm talking about," out of my league," I just had this project how should I say "could you would you fix this" last weekend and forgot about it till today and retrieved from truck. I haven't given alot of thought other than the idea will be to restore as original as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.