Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

seanz stogies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanz

IMG_20130312_111017.jpganother couple just rolled.
the smallerof them is in my opinion the better if the two. More even in the filler and but the real test will be found tomorrow when I have to drive to Te Anau foe a job interview. Might even get some trout fishing in. :)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Very nice stogie's there Seanz. Your rolling is really improving.
What varieties did you use? I like to get my taste buds involved when viewing cigar pictures. lol.
Hope you get to go fishing, if you do, good luck. Good luck with the interview also. I'll be pulling for you.

Seanz

Very nice stogie's there Seanz. Your rolling is really improving.
What varieties did you use? I like to get my taste buds involved when viewing cigar pictures. lol.
Hope you get to go fishing, if you do, good luck. Good luck with the interview also. I'll be pulling for you.
Thanks mate, I am rolling the cigar sampler from WLT. Cheers for the luck ;) Its a job as pest control in Southland trapping possums, shooting goats and deer in some of the best wilderness in NZ. At the moment I am planning on getting the rod in at a river mouth down here, Some nice sea run salmon been caught out there. As the weather is ok i.e. not raining, I plan on camping over And maybe some sharks off the beach.

marksctm

Great looking stogies Seanz,
The more you roll, the better you'll get at it.
I'm up to 40 or so rolled now and it doesn't take me all night to roll one... Any more. ;)
And best of luck tomorrow brother!

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Sean, Good Luck on both. I understand fresh goat stew ain't bad and Don has some killer Possum recipes. ;)
Oh yeah, nice stogies too.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I've seen the Red Stag hunts on the Outdoor Channel where some of the areas are so steep they drop you off from a helicopter. Looks like a great place for hunting.

Seanz

IMG_20130317_141035.jpg
Tried a few different ways of rolling today. Its strange but I seem to have better luck with the bigger gauge. The smaller ones I used a very high cased wrapper and had trouble with it. Seemed to bunch and rip and stuff. The middle one is a bit of a 'mare so I am thinking of cutting into medallions and mixing in to the pipe brew.
So I think I will stop having water on the board and then get them into high case. The fillers were a mix of accordion and then laying on top of each other and rolling like a burrito. I reckon I got a more uniform thickness with the burrito roll. But as they say the proof is in the smoking and that will happen tomorrow or maybe later tonight with the big 'un. As it shouldn't need as long to dry.

Last edited:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Not bad. Not bad at all. How do they draw? I used to smoke 34 ring. When I tried to roll them they drew hard so I am now rolling 42/44 ring. I actually like them better.

jekylnz

I am still a bit confused about Ring Gauge thing How do they measure it. They draw pretty well.

Here Sean I hope these help ,I found them at www.cigarcyclopedia.com in the PDF. File book-cigarcyclopedia in chapter "international size&measurement chart" if u'd like to print it out to see inch measurements& everything else properly.
They have "normal"mm precise measurements haha;)
just having u guys up nrth on
DSC_0457-1.jpgDSC_0456.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0455.jpg
    DSC_0455.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.