Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Greetings from Luxembourg

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeezyjohn

The sale of snus is outlawed in the EU but are there any laws or regulations that say you cannot make it yourself and use it publicly?

It's a crazy law and that's for sure! It was implemented for all moist oral tobacco products after Skoal opened up a factory in Scotland about 15 years ago because their bandits pouches were in flavours supposedly attractive to children. But the ban is only on selling - not on possession, use of it, or indeed making it. We were getting it shipped from Sweden who have an exemption - but a Finnish cancer charity took one of the companies to court and got a ruling that if you buy something on the internet then you are buying it in your own territory and not the territory of the online store.

The bonus is that given it is illegal to sell there is no tax applicable on home-made snus the way that there is on processing raw tobacco for smoking (in principle at least)

Boboro

You can buy pot and shoot up in the park but kant buy a dip of snuff. I think the U.S. will be like that very soon.

istanbulin

Founding Member
It won't be when they join the EU!

I think they're already in (in 2007) ? but I don't know the details also don't care. Whatever, be sure they won't care about the laws. Last year in Sofia (the capital) delis were selling homemade distilled beverages (moonshine) in (used) PET bottles. This was already illegal there but nobody cares. BTW, I saw the same issue in Greece years ago but I'm not sure if it's same there still.

Ubert

I hate this eu 'one size fits all' attitude it just doesn't work.
And as far as making things less attractive to kids, pot has never been marketed to anyone and the amount of minors who consume it is out of control.
So packaging, flavouring or whatever for an excuse is just a load of made up nonsense to hide something more sinister - money.
Sorry if this reads a little 'conspiracy theorist' but I do not buy into conspiracies, I just can't see the logic in the arguements.

Anyway, I am growing my own now...........happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies.