Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

A Tale of Two Pipes by What T. Dickens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
hey knucks, you did an amazing job there on the olive pipe, it's a thing of beauty! wow, i'd like to see what the pipe snobs on the other forum are putting out if they are giving you a hard time, i'm guessing they just dont like seeing the new guy doing so good so fast.

Thanks smokes. Well the shank on my apple was too long for a "proper apple". Then I pulled out the picture I was copying and overlaid it with my pipe and it was within a couple mm. Then my billiard had bevel on the top outside which "proper" billiards don't have. so I had to pull out the picture I was copying of a pipe made by Tom Eltang. It had the bevel. Of course Tom could care less what a proper billiard looks like since his pipes sell for thousands each. That's a tough crowd over there, but I better not say too much cause I leave FTT and WLT links all over the freaking place.

Anway, you need to start getting old Osage bulldog in shape. How'd you like the story? I got tired of the same old pipe presentation. Anyway, Maks is half crazy so I knew he'd appreciate it. The only thing that bothers me is, after all the talk of Slovenia, I think I still may have mailed the damn thing to Slovakia after all.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Anyway, Maks is half crazy so I knew he'd appreciate it. The only thing that bothers me is, after all the talk of Slovenia, I think I still may have mailed the damn thing to Slovakia after all.
The only difference is he's only HALF crazy. I'm completely over the edge.

rainmax

Founding Member
ha ha ha..

How's your tobacco growing?

I wasn't really here last few days. I pass exame today for boat riding. I was all in knots, winds, azimuths, maps and this kind of things. I'm really half crazy. Exams are such a waste of time and energy. I'm exhausted.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
ha ha ha..

I wasn't really here last few days. I pass exame today for boat riding. I was all in knots, winds, azimuths, maps and this kind of things. I'm really half crazy. Exams are such a waste of time and energy. I'm exhausted.
Maks. Sailing? Sail boating? If so how long? If so NEAT!! Good Luck on the exams.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
ha ha ha..

The tobacco is growing slowly. I have my two 72 cell float trays full of tiny seedlings and I started some cigar variety seeds today. Where will you be sailing? The Mediteranian or Adriatic? Good luck with your boating license.

rainmax

Founding Member
The tobacco is growing slowly. I have my two 72 cell float trays full of tiny seedlings and I started some cigar variety seeds today. Where will you be sailing? The Mediteranian or Adriatic? Good luck with your boating license.

I passed exam yesterday. I have nice house on the croatian coast since 1972 (family house on Adriatic sea). It was the time to have the license for boat. Not sailing. Small boat for fishing and relaxing.

Boboro

Yalls govment is like ours. out of control. I think they shoud have to take every test they make us take. The world is run by morons.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
after seeing the first page all i can say is,

you need to get out more,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I guess you can tell the weather has been sucky and I'm getting cabin fever.

i hear ya,,,,

im itchin to go mess with my new snapper, but to us locals... 51 is too damn cold to do anything,

but i may get frostbit,,,, but im hitting the yard today...

Fisherman

Git er done

Mr KnuckleHead.............
I got another dum question.....

Can you smoke cig tobacco in a pipe and inhale the same as a cigerette and can you smoke pipe tobacco and inhale it like a ciggerette???

Dam taxes are on cig tubes and I really dont want the Uncle to have no more money of mine than he can get out of me thru force.... How much for one of yer pipes?

johnlee1933

Founding Member

Can you smoke cig tobacco in a pipe and inhale the same as a cigerette and can you smoke pipe tobacco and inhale it like a ciggerette???

Dam taxes are on cig tubes and I really dont want the Uncle to have no more money of mine than he can get out of me thru force.... How much for one of yer pipes?
Yes you can. It doesn't burn the same and you get one hell of a kick is you really inhale. On the upside you can blend for any taste you like. I smoke cigar scrap at times and it's OK.

Knucklehead

Founding Member

I'm mainly a cigarette smoker but I smoke everything in the pipe too. I'll tear off a piece of leaf of any variety and smoke that. cig. blends, cigar leaf, pipe blends, but mostly just single variety leaf. Pipes are great for sampling your tobacco, and deciding what might go good together in a blend.
As far as a pipe goes, some people like pipes and some don't. Get a Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe for around $5.00. I have one and love it. I want a couple more. Anyway try that and see if you like smoking a pipe, and if you do, shoot me with a PM.

DonH

Yes, I inhale pipe tobacco. If you do, you can get by with less tobacco per day. I don't know why, but that's what I've found. People who come to pipes from smoking cigarettes are more likely to inhale. People who start with pipes tend to not inhale. But I like to inhale because I can take four or five puffs and be done for a while. Like cigars, a full pipe can last up to an hour if you're not inhaling. Cigarette tobacco will taste different in a pipe, though, but the same varieties that make a good cigarette also make good pipe tobacco, VA, Burley, and Turkish is also the basis of most pipe tobaccos.

I've found that cigarette shred doesn't work as well in a pipe. It burns too fast. Also, toasting and casing is more important in a pipe to get rid of harshness which is less of a problem if you're smoking filtered tubes. Look on the pipe tobacco part of the forum for lots of ideas for preparing good tasting pipe tobacco. I find that pressing helps as well. Last week I took some of my 2012 crop (VA, Burley, and Turkish) and shred some for cigarettes and pressed some in bricks for pipes just to compare. For the pipe tobacco, I had to toast the Virginia and the Burley (not the Turkish) but for the cigs I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.