Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

starting from the ground up, which leaves start having nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
i have chewed a few leaves from various plants and so far nothing(i add baking soda)

these are all leaves that had yellow somewhere on them. i only applied sevin at transplant, 5 days later, then 5 after that.. maybe a couple more applications but nothing after the first month. the plants are all about 60 plus days now and about 6' tall. i tried tops, lugs, mids etc... then i try some of bigbonners and satisfaction. when will mine produce some nicotine?? some are even primitive varieties... others are zimmer, h142, h503b, p red... i dont get it. i'm already priming the bottoms but they dont seem to have nicotine. is it around day 90 when i would expect them to mature?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
A lot of things affect nicotine levels. Lower will have the lowest nicotine and the upper leaves will have the most. For chew, I'd suggest letting the leaf get ripe ripe (almost all yellow), but not to a point where it starts dying on the stalk.

BigBonner

Founding Member
My tobacco was a little over ripe when harvested . The tobacco was grown under a severe drought . I believe that dry seasons makes the nicotine more potent , so I read this somewhere , not sure exactly where .

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
that could be it, i get rain like clockwork. well i remember fm saying when to harvest, and if you wait much longer it gets too strong. i will wait for that.

the reason for growing duale is to make small cigarillos with a kick.

i'll more than likely be contacting you again for more red tops if mine continue to be weak though:)

BaccaChew

I have noticed low to modest pharmacology on my lower leaves too. Good to know to water stress them towards the end and let them yellow.

Maybe I should stop giving them their quart and a half every morning?

Should I let the plants "hurt" their leaves by the tips drying or something?

I feel I should let my seedpods ripen first before I try that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.