Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

NOAA Temp & Precip Forecasts - Updated Monthly

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
For the US, the National Weather Service offers model projections of regional temperature and precipitation. The maps below are linked directly to NOAA, and are automatically updated monthly.

off14_temp.gif

Temp next 30 days.

off14_prcp.gif

Precip next 30 days.

off01_temp.gif

Temp 3 month outlook.

off01_prcp.gif

Precip 3 month outlook.

The 3 month outlook is offered up to one year in advance, mapped at 1 month intervals. To view these other maps, click: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/lead14/index.php.

For the NOAA standard weather forecast and local forecast, click: http://www.weather.gov/
US.png

Current weather (continually updated).
NOAA_forecast_key_600.png

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I've now opened this thread for comments.

Using the bottom map, which is updated live every time the page refreshes, I've been able to follow the late spring snow storm in fine detail. Using the last link: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ad14/index.php, you can enter (and have it remember) your Zip code. During hazardous weather, the National Weather Service link seems to be much quicker to access than any of my local weather sources.

The trend maps (the upper ones) are the ones that update monthly.

Bob

DonH

If I'm reading this right this is good news: looks like no drought in the middle of the country. Not only good for tobacco growers there but also for the corn crop which affects meat prices. Another summer like last year's and we could be in trouble with food prices.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
If I'm reading this right this is good news: looks like no drought in the middle of the country. Not only good for tobacco growers there but also for the corn crop which affects meat prices. Another summer like last year's and we could be in trouble with food prices.

The NOAA local 7 day weather forecast is my home page and shows every time I log on.

Hell, I'm in trouble already. However, I don't believe the prices will decline. In my experience once they go up they stay up.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
thats a good, link,

if a hurricane threatens me this year, i may use that '' close-up'' monitoring,

it's a spooky feeling, when you gotta go outside, to watch the tree's while your family is in the house, [ done that many times ]

johnlee1933

Founding Member
thats a good, link,

if a hurricane threatens me this year, i may use that '' close-up'' monitoring, ]
You might also try Wunderground.com. I don't like their presentation as well as NOAA but their radar in this area is very good. (Minute by minute updates for storm tracking with good local coverage.)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
You might also try Wunderground.com. I don't like their presentation as well as NOAA but their radar in this area is very good. (Minute by minute updates for storm tracking with good local coverage.)
Weather Underground presents the most useful immediate data, short-term forecasts, and weather model animated graphics, with models that project 30 days in advance. Unfortunately, their Web pages also run GOBS of advertising scripts, some of which are often broken. My most common experience with them is usually a few minutes of eager anticipation, followed by my browser locking up. Some of those broken scripts are attempting to load 30 images of a slide show of individual products that I have most recently viewed on a specific advertiser's website. Poor performance, plus extra creepy.

So I was delighted to discover how rapidly and reliably the NOAA site loads.

Bob