Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Portland, OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeW1983

Hi everyone,

I'm a 30 year old smoker and I started when I was 18. It started with Djarum clove cigarettes and over time I began the search for fine tobacco taste which lead me to: Nat Shermans, roll your owns, and now whole leaf tobacco!

I think I'm going to start off with the cigarette combo pack. I would like to grow my own someday, though I live in the city, I might be able to do a balcony grow.

I hope to learn more through this board. Cheers!

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome to our Merry Band Joe here at FTT. If you decide to grow you should list the general area where you live so members can be of more help.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
true,,,, we cant all have a big back yard,

but even if you grew some on the balcony, i think it would halp you, because usually your first year is mainly a learning experience, and after doing some balcony grow's, youd be prepared for a full size grow,

or do you know someone who will let you use a piece of thier land..?????

or perhaps you could start them, and get with your neighbours, and perhaps, use some of thier porch space, to grow more plants,?????

...or anywhere, close to you that may be wooded, say a CITY PARK,,,, and just throw, them along the woodline like a weed,

lol, at the city park comment,,,,,,,putting baccca in a city park, is like putting a pot plant, in the shrubs, of the police station<-------

JoeW1983

Hey,

Thanks for the quick replies. Yes, bought the cigarette bundle from wholeleaftobacco and already have tubes and an injector. Ha, I think my dream of growing is still a ways away. I think I'm going to experiment with blends first

indianjoe

Founding Member
Joe,
even a couple of plants on your balcony can give you some bacca, plus a lot of experience when you get you growing on.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I like full flavor cigarettes and just tried a blend that had red leaf in it. 25% VA red leaf, 25% VA gold, 40% Burley and 10% Turkish. Give that a try and then adjust your percentages. Burley for strength, Virginia for smoothness, and Turkish for that aromatic taste.

Seanz

Hey,

Thanks for the quick replies. Yes, bought the cigarette bundle from wholeleaftobacco and already have tubes and an injector. Ha, I think my dream of growing is still a ways away. I think I'm going to experiment with blends first
All dreams become reality by taking that first step, said some wise dude.....

JoeW1983

I like full flavor cigarettes and just tried a blend that had red leaf in it. 25% VA red leaf, 25% VA gold, 40% Burley and 10% Turkish. Give that a try and then adjust your percentages. Burley for strength, Virginia for smoothness, and Turkish for that aromatic taste.

I like full flavors, too. Thanks for the general guideline! Yeah, I might try growing in a month or two. Found a few blogs by guys that grow in Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.