Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Central Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musterion

What a great site. What's taken me so long to find it? I'm a 15 yr Marlboro man, who has recently discovered my involvement in forced child labor through PM's (Philip Morris) corporate "practices". This has motivated me to find "fair" tobacco. So I'm looking for some guidance. Anyone interested to take me under their wing and show me the ropes of finding a good blend of cigarette tobacco and the products needed to make my own cigarettes? Also, I have recently started growing my own vegetables, so the idea of maybe one day growing my own tobacco intrigues me, but I see that as a future venture. Right now I'd just like to feel less guilty of my involvement in making PM more money as they contribute to the destruction of good farm land and the lives of those less fortunate. Thanks!

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Welcome!.. I'd say get a few plants into the ground this year -you'll learn a lot in the process. There seems to be a lot of Ohioans on board here, I'm sure you could get a few plants from one of them.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome. I agree with JBD. If you're growing something anyway putting a couple of tobacco plants in the ground will get you started. You won't get much tobacco from just a few but you will be able to get a feel for it. In the mean time read the FAQ's (at the top of the page) and get started on the fun. You will find several discussions on cig blends. You can buy whole leaf From Dom at wholeleaf.com or from BigBonner. BigBonner sells seedlings reasonably. Most of the guys here agree homemade cigs from whole leaf are superior to the commercial crap plus they are chemical free and very inexpensive. If you are a pack-a-day smoker you will be able to purchase a cig maker and shredder and have ALL of your investment back in less than a year. If your lady smokes also it will be much quicker and you'll be smoking what you like. Full bodied or ultra light -- It's your choice.

Again Welcome and Good Luck.

DonH

A good place to start is to order the cigarette sampler from www.wholeleaftobacco.com. You will get 3.5 lbs of tobacco for $45 which can yield seven to ten cartons worth. Then you can get cigarette tubes at any tobacco shop for around $3 to $5 a carton and an injector machine (good ones run around $50) and inject the tubes with shredded tobacco. You can shred whole leaf with pasta makers, paper shredders, or knives and scissors, but the best bet is a tobacco shredder, which you can buy on the wholeleaftobacco website for less than $300. Most of us used the other cheaper methods until we got tired of it and bought the shredder. Or, you can roll your own, but you might get some funny looks in the U.S. because they look like joints. In Europe more people roll their own.

Seanz

Welcome mate! ya gotta stick it to the man, Be thankfull ya aint a kiwi, well not really we aren't known as God zone for nothing. But we , well they who dont grow pay through the nose for tobacco. last time i checked a pack of 20 tailor made was around 17 nz $14.27 US at todays rate

jekylnz

Welcome to the forum..you've landed in the right place..also the best way to learn is to jump in with both feet..like everyone has said you can easily pick up a dozen seedlings and you'll be on your way..long as u have some type of Virginia ...abit of Turkish/oriental and a little burley ..you'll be set for your own home grown tailor mades .and once you smoke your own full flavor ,no additive whole leaf cigarettes, there's no going back(you won't want to)..I smoke store bought smokes now and they make me sick & usually give me a headache!!!
Or just flat out turn them down..no flavor ,crap quality .over 50% rubbish(stalks,ex.smokes.dust.crap off floor)

BarG

Founding Member
Welcome, When I run out of tubes I break out my pouch and top papers. Away from Home or neighbors see me hand rolling and offer me one of theres and I say no thanks, this is my special blend I made up this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.