i think it's a '' v'' belt,????

it got ordered, just aint got here, yet,,,,

or was that customer service, ? to tell me it got ordered,

johnlee1933

Founding Member
i think it's a '' v'' belt,????

it got ordered, just aint got here, yet,,,,

or was that customer service, ? to tell me it got ordered,
That's probably right. V-belts are most common in that application. You are probably getting it from a Snapper dealer. When you get it, measure it. V-belts are very common and standard sized. Once you know its length you will be able to buy stock belts at a fraction of the dealer cost. I find the best way is to take the new belt to a power place, have them measure it and give me the belt stock number. Maybe even buy a spare right then. Then if you ever have to replace it again you can shop around for the best price.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
^^^^^

true, the guy i got it from said it was a 60'' belt,

the one he had, was about 3'' too big,

but the one i got coming, i'll get the part # off of, because amazon has all the belts i need,

minus the dealer MARK-UP.

i plan on having this mower, for many years,,, im not one to get rid of stuff,,,,, especially if it still works fine,

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That's probably right. V-belts are most common in that application. You are probably getting it from a Snapper dealer. When you get it, measure it. V-belts are very common and standard sized. Once you know its length you will be able to buy stock belts at a fraction of the dealer cost. I find the best way is to take the new belt to a power place, have them measure it and give me the belt stock number. Maybe even buy a spare right then. Then if you ever have to replace it again you can shop around for the best price.

You're right about that, I went to a BushHog dealer and bought a belt for my finishing mower I pull behing the tractor. The old belt was shredded so I couldn't measure it. Anyway, I went straight from the dealer to an auto parts store and bought another belt for back up. It was about 1/5 the price of the BushHog belt and was the exact same thing.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
You're right about that, I went to a BushHog dealer and bought a belt for my finishing mower I pull behing the tractor. The old belt was shredded so I couldn't measure it. Anyway, I went straight from the dealer to an auto parts store and bought another belt for back up. It was about 1/5 the price of the BushHog belt and was the exact same thing.
Yep, That's how I learned too.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
my snaPPER has given me some isues, i just got a new steering rod, i was mowing grass, and one wheel went one way and the other whell,???

im gonna get new mulching blades, and a wagon, then i'll be set,,,

all issues are being dealt with as things break<

i was in TRACTOR SUPPLY today and seen a nice seat for $100.00

with armrest's, and john deere yella,

jekylnz

my snaPPER has given me some isues, i just got a new steering rod, i was mowing grass, and one wheel went one way and the other whell,???

im gonna get new mulching blades, and a wagon, then i'll be set,,,

all issues are being dealt with as things break<

i was in TRACTOR SUPPLY today and seen a nice seat for $100.00

with armrest's, and john deere yella,
Are ya guna pimp it out with speakers etc like boboros..youll be set then. Lol

BigMikeChevy

chicken
thats is a cool rider. just a little info about fuel it doesnt matter what octane you decide use all fuel has a shelf life like milk make sure to get yourself some fuel stabilizer. doesnt matter what brand you pick up it they are pretty much all the same. it only takes a couple of ounces per gallon the shelf life will go to about two years if you add it to the fuel when you buy it. it will help the fuel burn better in your outdoor power equipment and keep from having to drain your fuel at the end of the season. tools are cool.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Its all fun till somebody loses a toe.

Hey Boboro, I laughed my ass off at that one! I often hear on the news of people mowing off their toes and I used to think, how can anyone mow off their toes?, they must be complete morons. Well, last week I took my push mower into the woods and was mowing a path down a steep hill. All of the sudden I slipped and one of my feet went about an inch or so under the mower deck. Scared the bejesus out of me but at the same time I got a good chuckle out of it.

Chicken, make sure you post some pics of your mower after you get done putting the FTT decals on it. Also, I noticed it was not equipped with a beer can holder. Are you going to remedy that situation?

AmaxB

Very sweet lookin gadget there Chicken can picture ya doing laps round the house with each getting a bit wider than the last. Ridings always better than pushing an much better when it gets hot out.
Don't know what kind of fuel pump it has but if it is a small plastic one take a good look at the front face of it. It might have a small air filter built-in if so keep it clean or she well stop pumping.
My mower got sick last week and would not run, guess ya know why. I got every bit of service info I could and none of it said anything bout this itty bitty filter. Tore the whole mower apart trying to
find the problem. Good thing thou it needed a transmission belt that I didn't know it had.

Status
Not open for further replies.