Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pseudoscorpions in NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Found one of these little beasties in the shower with me last night. After a bit of a quick google and a wtf this mornin I packed him (George, one of the girls down at the local cafe named it) into a jar and took him to the local DOC (department of conservation) offices.Where he is now in the fridge. He's from Pennsylvania? I havn't had any seeds from up that way.... Yet
http://ento.psu.edu/extension/factsheets/pseudoscorpions

image_mini

Boboro

Re: Pseudosorpions in NZ

I see them in the wood pile sometimes.Becasuse of thir size I dont payim no att. Scary lookin when blowed up .

Lakota

Founding Member

I think we have about 50 species in Canada, the only bugs I pay any attention to are the ones I use for fishing. I REALLY hate spiders of any kind, makes the hair stand up on my arms just to think of them. Amazing how a grown man can be scared of something so small.

Lakota

Founding Member

In Alberta we had rattle snakes and the brown recluse spider. I moved early winter to Saskatchewan, so not sure what we have here, but I usually keep a couple of bottles of snake bite medicine around ( Bacardi white rum is my choice)

jekylnz

They also call those false scorpions,weve been getting heaps of white tails coming inside at the mo,it must b getting to cold outside for them now,im not to keen on them around with the kids,some bites can really.knock kidz around.I usually just feed them to syd my lizard,they dont stand a chance,least I know wer they've gone then.lol

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member

I think we have about 50 species in Canada, the only bugs I pay any attention to are the ones I use for fishing. I REALLY hate spiders of any kind, makes the hair stand up on my arms just to think of them. Amazing how a grown man can be scared of something so small.

i admit it, im scared shi%$#ss of any inscet,,,, until i realize whats on me,,, i jump like a little school girl till i figure out whats ON ME,
and i seen mention of brown recluse spider's. ive never been bit by one, but we have them plentyfull in my area,,,

just to look at them, they look like they can deliver a hurting, and thier bite, is not a pleasant thing to look at, 4 days later,

Webby

He wern't no more than 2 mm across there chicken as ugly as he was.
I aint never seen one of these beasties before.Me Lady done for a couple of white tails the other day inside the house, an as for the mice, Sid our jackrussel is havin a ball.
Thanx Lakota for the research, dont get much time on the net at the mo and what time I get I dont waste. Always here these days.
"Its not addictive" you all keep on sayin, "Yea Right"

Webby

He won the heart of the young lass down at the cafe, who named it George. The cafe is under the plane in my avatar. When I was a kid it was in the plane.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
He won the heart of the young lass down at the cafe, who named it George. The cafe is under the plane in my avatar. When I was a kid it was in the plane.

Hey that's progress. It's amazing the restaurant grew so much in those two years. ROFLMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.