Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

AmaxB ground prep an Grow 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmaxB

Did ask my farmer neighbor if he would plow it for me and offered to pay, but he is kind of stuck-up so I'll need to resort to my own means.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
you dont know anyone who can come visit, that has a tractor and harrow,?

that would be the route, i'd be thinking of, thats a big plot, you plan on busting up.

AmaxB

Damn Chicken you are on it man... hey I really liked you video (curing trailer) that is the only kind of music to play. If ya can't play that than quiet is better.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i can see where, your thought pattern is going,

me personally, i'd like to get a front end loader in there, and remove all the grass, [ a backhoe would work perfect,,, remove the grass, and using the bucket you could bust your ground with it, ]

i just dont see a lawn mower / harrow attachment doing that plot any good, it looks like some '' TOUGH'' grass,

use yo0ur redneck ingenouity,,,,,,,i got confidence, that you will do what it takes to make this mission happen<

AmaxB

haha loader to scrape the top would be great but after what I just spent on my chamber box think mama would have a fit. She don't smoke so it is hard to get her to go with any thing Tobacco less she sees some change in it some where.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Check with equipment rental businesses in your area if you can't find someone with a tractor.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Advertise in your local paper or if you have a radio swap shop , advertise on there .

AmaxB

All good ideas guys going to post a sign here to maybe one of my customers can help...will check the rental shop also. Last time I rented a a backhoe think it was bout 300.00 a day. Hell I could rent and have fun whoop whoop getty up.. but not a backhoe less I just want to scrap her off and that is only half the job.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
try swapping some of the crop out, if a guy will till it,??

Fisherman

In south Alabama where I lived for years we had a sandy red soil that was infested with "jap grass" which is like Texas Johnson grass. A vigerous rooty grass that send shoots out that will punch a hole in your sneakers easy. I bought a troybilt tiller. The midsize "Pony" i think and it busted that sod up first pass and using one hand. Sod was like 8 inchs thick. Of course we raked roots and sprouts the rest of the year but we got a crop in. Once the root system on that grass was broken up it was a lot easier or at least possible to weed it out.

AmaxB

Will likely rent something after I get it broke the first time it won't be bad for the next time. Any who when I get it going I'll post up what is happening. Fisherman 8" sod that had to be fun I though it had to be plowed before it could be tilled

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Not if you catch it not too wet not too dry. The sooner you get the vegetation turned, the longer it will have to break down.

Status
Not open for further replies.