Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My first attempt at rolling cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanz

If my filler is damp as you indicated they will roll to tight and not draw well even after sitting for a long time.. Don't worry about looks as much as a good draw and good burn. some of my ugliest cigars smoke the best! I recommend one at a time to learn. I'm waiting for the day some year down the road,when all the ingredients of a cigar are in perfect case,Rolled not to tight,not too loose and smokes like a champ time after time after time.
Ive heard of this... but like bigfoot i reckoned its only available to those who believe:D

ChuckP

Howdy Marlee!

They look as good as my cigars and I've been rollling for five years! They look better if I use a cigar mold and take my time. If I put the cigars in the oven at 180 for 10 minutes and turning them a half turn at 5 minutes. Then put them into the humidor for a couple of weeks. It not only improves the appearence and they light quite nicely. I think it also helps the blending of flavors.

HTH -- Chuck.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I didn't know exactly know where to put this so here it is.

Today's production Havana 142 filler and binder. Maryland 609 shade grown wrapper.

IMG_1726 - Copy.JPG

DGBAMA

I started reading this forum simply hoping to grow some cigarette tobacco, and here I am nows thinking you guys will have me rolling cigars, puffing a pipe, and sippin' brandy by the end of the year. lol.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Yes and quite a good one. Some of the leaves are good enough for binder

I ordered some seedlings from Larry, Lonnie's Havana, and the Jalapa and Olor that Deluxe grew last year. 5 plants of each as a test and sample. I'll have to swap samples with you this year. Have you started your seedlings?

webmost

Johnny that's some veinitty vein veiny wrapper. Did you put them on veins out?

You and I are so close we gotta herf up some time soon. Maybe this weekend. Gimme a shout.

D

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Johnny that's some veinitty vein veiny wrapper. Did you put them on veins out?

You and I are so close we gotta herf up some time soon. Maybe this weekend. Gimme a shout.

D
I am not fussy about which side the vein is on. If the leaf is good I use both halves so one cigar is smooth the way it should be and the other isn't. Yess Well, it snokes the same and if a purist doesn't want it it's one more for me. LOL I just checked Google earth and it's about 200 miles. I don't think I'm up for that any more especially I-95 and the JTpk thru Philly. Sorry.

webmost

It is not a question of which side of the leaf you use and the other you don't. It's just which side you lay on the board. Split the center stem out, you have two halves. The left half you wrap one direction, the right half of the leaf you wrap the other ... but in both instances you put the veins of that half upward on the board in front of you so that the smoother leaf surface winds up outside and the veins in. Makes a big diff in appearance. It's just as easy to wrap left to right as right to left.

I am in Newark DE, I thought you were in Northeast MD, more like 10 miles from you. Got you cornfused with someone else I suppose. I bought a motorcycle in Meriden once. Took the train to fetch it. My buddy scored one near Danbury this last Winter. I toted the trailer up for him to fetch it. Train was better. It's an ugly ride from here to there.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
It is not a question of which side of the leaf you use and the other you don't. It's just which side you lay on the board. Split the center stem out, you have two halves. The left half you wrap one direction, the right half of the leaf you wrap the other ... but in both instances you put the veins of that half upward on the board in front of you so that the smoother leaf surface winds up outside and the veins in. Makes a big diff in appearance. It's just as easy to wrap left to right as right to left.

I am in Newark DE, I thought you were in Northeast MD, more like 10 miles from you. Got you cornfused with someone else I suppose. I bought a motorcycle in Meriden once. Took the train to fetch it. My buddy scored one near Danbury this last Winter. I toted the trailer up for him to fetch it. Train was better. It's an ugly ride from here to there.
Yeah the problem is I am VERY right handed and always roll the same way. LOL You're right. It is an ugly drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.