Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

HOWDY from Dusty Kansas - Big Wide Vistas - Narrow minds!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbrana1947

Been growing tobacco now for about 20 years just for my own use or should I say torment. At first, some years were diamonds, some were stone. When the internet came along, things got better quick. I will pass along a story about my first cigars I rolled MANY years ago. My brother in law and his friend were passing thru on their way to a Buckskinners meeting(?) and saw my tobacco hanging in the barn. Wanted to know what I did with it so I naturally said make own cigars! They wanted to know if I could roll them a couple (bad idea) so I gave it a shot. They seemed happy and lit up somewhere on their hour ride to their meeting(?). About 20 minutes later they had to stop along side the road and loose whatever they had for breakfast. Now there might be some justice in this but it was not my intention at all. Call it blissful ignorance but I decided I better learn a little something about tobacco and fast. Fast forward couple of decades and I can now roll a pretty decent Churchill with the help of my cigar press I bought on ebay and some people even ask for seconds! Must have done something right. I still dont know what they do at Buckskinner meetings. Maybe I should go to one and barter tobacco for beaver pelts!! Anyway, best wishes to all, and I look forward to eavesdropping on everyone occassionally. And if anyone ever needs help, I'm not afraid of work, I'll lay right down beside it and go to sleep.

Jack

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
welcome,

we have some people on here, who know thier business when it comes to cigar's.

im sure you'll enjoy the site, and it's good to have a guy on board with 20 years experience,

Jbrana1947

Thank you everyone - I hail from the NE part of the state around Topeka and really felt I was just another lost soul laboring in the wilderness. I didnt realize anyone really cared about growing tobacco or rolling their own cigars (except myself of course). To Mr. Johnlee, I remember flying into Hartford for the first time and seeing all the shade grown tobacco around the airport and thought, hey, not in beautiful NE! Have friends around Norwalk and visit every year. I didnt know the ground was deep enough to grow much of anything except more rocks. How wrong can a guy be. As for teaching, well, you read my story so I think I will be giving little advice but listening a lot!! Adios for now.

DonH

Thank you everyone - I hail from the NE part of the state around Topeka and really felt I was just another lost soul laboring in the wilderness. I didnt realize anyone really cared about growing tobacco or rolling their own cigars (except myself of course). To Mr. Johnlee, I remember flying into Hartford for the first time and seeing all the shade grown tobacco around the airport and thought, hey, not in beautiful NE! Have friends around Norwalk and visit every year. I didnt know the ground was deep enough to grow much of anything except more rocks. How wrong can a guy be. As for teaching, well, you read my story so I think I will be giving little advice but listening a lot!! Adios for now.
We can get great crops of both rocks and tobacco in New England. I haven't found a way to smoke rocks yet. It's amazing reading about people growing in all kinds of climates and terrains here. And to think I always thought you had to be in Kentucky or North Carolina.

Jbrana1947

THX BarG - You could nominate me for "special consideration" whatever that is. Actually I'd settle for some plants from BigBonner but he apparently has dropped from radar. A little rain out here on the ranch. We have 13" to make up, not all at once PLEASE!!!

As for webmost, If she's under 60, she probably doesnt know me, if she's under 50 she probably doesnt want to know me. Remember the old line: I thought I was dead and then I sobered up and found out I was just in Nebraska. Or was it Alaska? There was a young maid from Nebraska who married a man from Alaska. The weather was fine likewise the wine, but the...........................................(you fill in lthe blanks.)

Status
Not open for further replies.