Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigarette Smokers: What tubes do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I have stuck with the Gambler originals in king size but stopped at the local brew shop/tobacco shop (he specializes in fine cigarette/pipe tobaccos, companies that aren't Big Tobacco) and he suggested some Beretta originals.

Products_original.gif

Non chlorinated, smooth filter paper that doesn't stick to your lips, great taste, long burn time, and the paper is actually pretty thick, helping with stuffing machines. (Cheaper tubes = crinkling papers in my experience).

What kind do you use?

DonH

I've been trying to decide between Mascotte Gold and El Rey. We should merge this with the Tube Reviews sticky thread.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I've got me a pipe, I've got me a many pipe, different experience though ;)

DonH

I've got me a pipe, I've got me a many pipe, different experience though ;)

Same here. Sometimes a cigarette tastes great. It amazes me how the same tobacco can taste great in cigs and bad in pipes (and vice versa). I spent several months mostly smoking pipes. Then my 2012 crop was ready to smoke and it is all cig varieties (VA, Burley, Smyrna). It tastes awesome in cigarettes, I am loving it (can't tell you how psyched I am finally smoking my homegrown, and the fact that I love the taste...). I've tried making it into pipe tobacco, but without Latakia and other spice varieties it's only OK.

jekylnz

Sean and u guys on here have givin me the pipe bug,even tho I think it was always there,my old boy used to smoke one and I collected them as a kid,until I tried smoking wateva I could in them and then the old girl made them disappear!!
So I bid on several the other day on trademe(nz bid site)just waiting for them to turn up,then I can have a go on some pipe blends

jekylnz

Iv had a bit of a look around the few tobacconists there is in nz,but there's not much to choose from they usually just have one type of cig tubes,and only single cig. loaders(the cheap pocket type) they wer charging $8 NZD for 200 tubes,and $15 for the loader.I know the loader sounds like its abit steep for wat it is,but dont have a clue if thats fair for tubes?(approx $5 USD)I think they wer premiere??

leverhead

Premiere's are usually the cheapest, but even Zig Zag's are under $ 3 USD for 200. The pocket loaders are about $ 7 USD, pretty expensive for what they are.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
And for how well they (don't) work. That's what I started I with...and I wish I hadn't even messed with one. Too many wasted tubes, time and tobacco.

driftinmark

I use ramback prestige tubes and a top-o-matic t2 stuffer, both have been working great for over a year....

Status
Not open for further replies.