Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

so glad I smoke whole leaf now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Smokin kills sounds more like they are poisoning us. Well maybe not all of us. :)

jekylnz

What a pile of shyte product the have everyone smoking(accepted people like on here that have seen the light)if they're going that way about it,they might as well just make a pure substance u can snort up ur nose or bang up ur arm!!takes the pleasure out of it dont u think!?!?

driftinmark

well, the video says only 50 percent real tobacco is used in a smoke....but how much of that 50 % is REAL tobacco, that is the question...

I didnt find a straight answer, but I did find this

http://www.aoc.state.nc.us/www/public/coa/opinions/2002/010074-1.htm

looks like I have been smoking a lot of stems in the past, yuck.....
now thanks to you guys , I smoke 100 % lamina and its sooo good, lol....

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, stems burn well, have lower nicotine than the lamina, and are troublesome only for the home grower. The taste and aroma are similar to that of the rest of the leaf. At home, there's not a practical way to render a stem flat enough to shred for cigarette use.

For pipe blending, well aged stems can be finely sliced, though usually the stem pieces will stay well mixed among leaf shred only if the final blend is pressed into a crumble cake. I have smoked stem slices alone in a pipe. The key to this remaining lit is to allow it to become nearly completely dry.

For snuff, well dried stems can be ground to dust, and serve well.

Several years ago, I set aside stems and, separately, blossoms of 16 varieties of tobacco. I still have most of these. Occasionally, I try new methods to see how useful they may be. Each of the varieties of stems and blossoms smell and taste distinct from one another. Both burn quite well.

My conclusion is that, for the home grower, neither is worth the additional effort to collect, store and utilize, other than for the curiosity of fiddling with them, unless your crop is particularly limited in size.

Bob

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Actually, stems burn well, have lower nicotine than the lamina, and are troublesome only for the home grower. The taste and aroma are similar to that of the rest of the leaf. At home, there's not a practical way to render a stem flat enough to shred for cigarette use.

For pipe blending, well aged stems can be finely sliced, though usually the stem pieces will stay well mixed among leaf shred only if the final blend is pressed into a crumble cake. I have smoked stem slices alone in a pipe. The key to this remaining lit is to allow it to become nearly completely dry.

For snuff, well dried stems can be ground to dust, and serve well.

Several years ago, I set aside stems and, separately, blossoms of 16 varieties of tobacco. I still have most of these. Occasionally, I try new methods to see how useful they may be. Each of the varieties of stems and blossoms smell and taste distinct from one another. Both burn quite well.

My conclusion is that, for the home grower, neither is worth the additional effort to collect, store and utilize, other than for the curiosity of fiddling with them, unless your crop is particularly limited in size.

Bob
I completely agree with Bob with one exception. For my snuff using friend grinding stems is definitely worth the effort. Copenhagen is over $6/can here now. (Dry, 1.2 oz.)

jekylnz

I had a go at restriping stems,and mulling up flowers,blending them etc.wen I was still waiting for colour cure,it wasnt as bad as I thought it would b,long as u dont put in too much flowers,otherwise it tastes abit floral,..I still got a couple of oz out of just the stems tho,kept me going through the gap

Status
Not open for further replies.