Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Another shop worth visiting.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris A

Guys-

Hope all is well. My wife & I just returned from vacation in Miami. Never been there, thought it might be nice. It was. We're a little too slow for the South Beach night life, but loved Coconut Grove and Key Biscane.

Went to the Cuban Crafters Cigar shop. I have one of their cutters and the shop was highly rated in Trip Advisor so we stopped by. This place was so cool, I could have stayed for hours. The smells were intoxicating. Offered a free smoke when we arrived, free Cuban Coffee, watched the Cuban ex-pats roll (6 rollers). The old guys were playing dominos in one room, they had a barber chair & indicated they would give me a haircut or shoe shine for free as well (I'm bald)!

Walked with a handful of their house brand torpedos taken right from the roller's table, the same blend as the freebie I smoked. From what I could see, they sell a lot of house brands & some national brands. Even my wife loved the shop & she is a non-smoker.

Tried to pick up good technique on the flag & cap, the part of cigar rolling I struggle with, but it looks so easy when they do it & not sure I saw anything new I hadn't seen on You tube.

I may never get back, but highly recommend this place if anyone gets to Miami. It is not located in Little Havana, but is on a main road & easy to find. I have no connection to this place, just passing on information.

Cheers,

Chris

webmost

Hey Chris

The cap I find easy. The flag is what puzzles me. Any time I see it in videos, seems like the process is obscured by flying fingers. And how to cut the right shape, that's especially baffling. I've tried cutting the flag from the end of the wrapper and I've tried cutting it separately. I always like the way it holds the end together.

Can you describe the shape and method you observed?

Chris A

Flag was cut shaped like like a circle on one end with a pointed other end. The pointed end was glued to the end of the pigtail & wrapped from there. There are youtube videos that show this quite clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.