Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capperr

Hello all, my name is chris and i'm from central illinois. I have been tinkering with tobacco for a few years, i had some luck 2 years ago but did not have any last year. I really enjoy the site, i'm sure i can learn a lot. I have about 200 or so plants that are started for this year, another month and i'll be transplanting. I hope to talk to you all later.

Ashauler

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum!! What varieties are you growing this year?

Capperr

This year i have wisconsin seedleaf, harrow velvet, connecticut broadleaf, and burley.

Capperr

steiner 084.jpgsteiner 083.jpg Here's a couple pictures of how my burley turned out 2 years ago.

Capperr

I smoke cigs once in awhile, i'm more of a chew guy. I would like to learn to roll cigars, i have the mold and the videos just need some other odds and ends.

jekylnz

I smoke cigs once in awhile, i'm more of a chew guy. I would like to learn to roll cigars, i have the mold and the videos just need some other odds and ends.

Welcome,by the looks of ur burley u should be growing nice wrapper leaves in no time....Most things u need for rolling cigars, u will find around your shed,a sharp knife,chopping board,and maybe a mist spray bottle is all u need to start having a go,they dont hav to look pretty

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Right. Scissors, an old table saw blade you can make into a cheveta and a bit of 1/16" rubber sheeting about a foot square and you are off and running. IMO you don't need a mold. I bought a couple when Ii started rolling two years ago and I've given them away. (No value to me.) At the very least hold off on that expense till you give it a try. I'd say roll 100 cigars as needed then make money decisions. YOu will make some awful looking creations that smoke just fine and you'll make some beauties that don't smoke worth a hoot. I've rolled several hundred now and rarely get a bad one but it does still happen now and then..

Capperr

I think i paid abot $30 for my mold i got it off e bay, i kow starting out i'm going to mak esome ugly ones and i'm prepared for that haha. Chris a. i'm about 30 miles from you in minonk. How do you guys think my tobacco will be, i dried it full stalk, and removed leaves after it was dried, i read drying ful stalk gives you better cigar tobacco, and it's been ditting for 2 years so i'm hoping it will be smooth.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I think i paid abot $30 for my mold i got it off e bay, i kow starting out i'm going to mak esome ugly ones and i'm prepared for that haha. Chris a. i'm about 30 miles from you in minonk. How do you guys think my tobacco will be, i dried it full stalk, and removed leaves after it was dried, i read drying ful stalk gives you better cigar tobacco, and it's been ditting for 2 years so i'm hoping it will be smooth.
I think you'll be fine. Add humidity till the leaves are flexible and strip them off the stalk. Pay close attention to where they are on the stalk. Closer to the bottom equates to milder. Naturally the larger leaves are toward the bottom also and those will be big enough to make binder and wrapper if you want to go that way. If you're want to shred for cigs it is not as important because you'll just mix it up anyway.

jekylnz

Your doing well to leave it that long,I would have smoked it by now,..unless uv got tons of the stuff

Capperr

That's one thing i was hung up on, the best way to add humidity. I have read about putting leaves in bags with a wet paper towel, i didn't know how most people did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.