Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tobacco falling out of your ciggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member

driftinmark

I saw those when I first got into this thing.....seems like a quick easy fix......but im going to try a honey/ lemon casing to see if that might gum it up just a little bit
.....as long as it dont clog my stuffer, lol

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I saw those when I first got into this thing.....seems like a quick easy fix......but im going to try a honey/ lemon casing to see if that might gum it up just a little bit
.....as long as it dont clog my stuffer, lol
Yeah, I saw it too. Seems to me like a gimmick. Anybody use one yet? If so appreciate your critique.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Thanks JBD, it's nearly 10 bucks (excl. shipping which may cost another 10 bucks to me) and requires a 9V battery. I think I'll continue to close the cig foots with my finger tips :)

Yeah, I saw it too. Seems to me like a gimmick. Anybody use one yet? If so appreciate your critique.

John, JDB is already using it and as he said it works pretty well. See his post below/above.

...try the Casspin Closure. I bought one awhile ago. It works pretty well but you will still get a small amount of tobacco that falls out...

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Yes I use one (hence the post). It cuts down on the amount of tobacco that falls out of your cigarette and into your cigarette case by about 75% or so.

Edit: Who knew me and Istanbulin were posting at the same time?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i use a POWERMATIC 2 electric cigg injecting machine, and ive found that the course shredded bacca [ the long shred ]

holds better in my cigg's,,, than the finer cut bacca,

loosing the bacca out of your cigg, is a royal pain,,,,

ive pulled nothing but the tube out of my carrying case before,,,,,

my young son in law, made them, [ he has much to learn ]

Boboro

A little extra push in the ends of the Machine will help with the loseness. I lose very little out of the end. The cig. box type case helps a lot also.

DGBAMA

i use a POWERMATIC 2 electric cigg injecting machine, and ive found that the course shredded bacca [ the long shred ]

holds better in my cigg's,,, than the finer cut bacca,

loosing the bacca out of your cigg, is a royal pain,,,,]

I find the same thing. So as I am filling the slot on my injector I arrange the coarsest bits of tobacco to the right side; which will be the open end of the cig. This basically acts a plug, keeping the smaller stuff from falling out.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I don't make cigs for myself but do for friends. Is it possible that you are shredding leaf that is too dry? I find leaf in slightly higher case yields and maintains longer shred length and thus stays in the cig better.

Just a thought. As I make more I will pay more attention.

Last edited:

BarG

Founding Member
I have seen cigs. the device was used on. It slightly rounds the end. When you can roll a pack in approximately 5 min. though it seems another unnecessary effort. I just grab a handfull with the filters down and tamp the ends with my other hand and fill my pack that way, I don't lose enough to be concerned.

Boboro

I find the same thing. So as I am filling the slot on my injector I arrange the coarsest bits of tobacco to the right side; which will be the open end of the cig. This basically acts a plug, keeping the smaller stuff from falling out.
When I was stuffin smokes the other day I noiced I was doin that unconsciously. Big stuff to yhe right .

Status
Not open for further replies.