Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

fermenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Actually have a small heating pad/blanket and folded over and sewed it up. put my baccy in and just left it.Temp 50c Great too wet this morning so dried out a bit then back in bag and away again.See what happens.It is a small woollen pad about 14cmx20c.i turned inside out so the wire were inside then sewed up and turned on.you could get 2 and sew together then could do lots

That sounds the biss bro, you got the plastic bag in there? If not put the baccy in a jar in there, will keep humidity and all you would have to do is open it a bit maybe every few days to let some fresh air in.

@Seanz, Knuckle an Jeckles, keep to the topic lads, stop flamin the new guy. Lmao

zaney

yes plastic bag in there.seems to be happy enough.found out on another site that u do need air in the bag. wasn't to sure but now I know cheers

Webby

Awesome thinkin the whole lecky blanket thing. You'll be able to use it to germinate too.

Seanz

That sounds the biss bro, you got the plastic bag in there? If not put the baccy in a jar in there, will keep humidity and all you would have to do is open it a bit maybe every few days to let some fresh air in.

@Seanz, Knuckle an Jeckles, keep to the topic lads, stop flamin the new guy. Lmao
ow sorry bro Its that bloody aucklander man! lol I someone posted about a crockpot kiln on here somewhere I will hunt it out but that might work too And i like the ideas of jars bro just air them every now and then and give a leaf a bit of a shake out .

Webby

Thinkin it was Jitterbugdude or Leverhead who had that post cant be remembering, have read it though thats where the penny dropped for Zaneys lecky blanket.

burge

Fermenting I leave mine in tobacco cans after shredding it. I press down and compact it as best I can. From my reading you can let your tobacco dry and remoisten it or another way is it strong is to soak it in water and let it dry. As long as the tobacco is compacted it will ferment

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Tobacco will ferment regardless of how tight or loose it is packed. As long as moisture conditions are adequate, it will ferment.

Status
Not open for further replies.