Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

fermenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaney

hi a new comer from New Zealand. love the site.want to know if you take all the air out of plastic bags when starting fementation Cheers Zaney

zaney

H iSeanz I am trying to ferment my tobacco in plastic bags and then putting in hot water cupboard or some other warm place for a few weeks That was why I was asking about getting all the air out or just sealing bag as is

Webby

Either iether me thinks, but as the temp wont be very high and the humidity will be up there, you will be asking for mold.

jekylnz

Hey zaney,wer are u from?? I ferment in a ice cream container,I leave it on top of my lizard tank,cause it always has lights going and usually its at a temp of about 32c, it wont b that much on the top but still stays pretty warm,I make sure in turn it at least every couple of days and get some air around the leaves by shaking them abit,they let off alot of ammonia while fermenting,..mist spray them lightly after they've been aired as they start to dry pretty quick,I have heard of others that use a fish bin or wateva,put wet cloth ova a pile of leaves, then cover all with plastic to hold in moisture,and have a light in there going in there all the time ,could b a fire risk if not carefull,u would have to keep a good eye on it and deconstruct and reconstruct every time the temp get to high( towards 40c).I hope this helps,I have tried in bag,with and without air ,I found ur more likely to get mold,even in container its a fine line between fermenting well and getting moldy crap,there's a bit of an art to it and im no pro,..make sure everything u use is clean,...hands container etc,...,bacteria = mold

zaney

Hey, jeklnz, Sorry to give you a lesson about nz .Didn't notice where you were from.You probably know Coromandel anyway.Cheers zaney

zaney

How about that amazing. all around the world and your parents will a few minutes away.Can you give me there name or is it not allowed.I live in Flays road.did you geat my other post about how I have been doing my tobacco Cheers

Seanz

Hey, jeklnz, Sorry to give you a lesson about nz .Didn't notice where you were from.You probably know Coromandel anyway.Cheers zaney
Bro so far everyone who has replied is a kiwi lol I honestly never thought of that ayeI mean the fermenting in the water cupboard I mean you would have to keep an eye on it in case of mold. Worth a crack though try an experiment one with no air and one with air, just dont use too much leaf.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Bro so far everyone who has replied is a kiwi lol I honestly never thought of that ayeI mean the fermenting in the water cupboard I mean you would have to keep an eye on it in case of mold. Worth a crack though try an experiment one with no air and one with air, just dont use too much leaf.
How bout an honorary Kiwi mates?

zaney

Actually have a small heating pad/blanket and folded over and sewed it up. put my baccy in and just left it.Temp 50c Great too wet this morning so dried out a bit then back in bag and away again.See what happens.It is a small woollen pad about 14cmx20c.i turned inside out so the wire were inside then sewed up and turned on.you could get 2 and sew together then could do lots

zaney

I read that the tempreture for fermenting was between 120-130f over that too hot.so hopefully that is ok.real new at this and i don't even smoke. good fun though see ya

zaney

sorry yes it is a very small electric blanket made for older people to sit on or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.