Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi from Tobacco Country - North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaryNC

Thanks to Jitterbugdude for referring me to this site. I have been thinking about growing my own for some time now, and since relocating to a tobacco state it is time go get off my arse and just do it.

Jobs are so scarce I may have to make a living at it, well....... legally of course ;)

I have a few acres to play with and have the kind of soil tobacco just loves. I can see I will be on here a lot! I am going to start with cigarette tobacco since I do smoke and am looking to save that expense.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thanks for joining and Welcome to the site.

As a distributor of specialty leaf, I can tell you that you can make some money growing premium leaf. Your in a good area for growing too.

Jessica Bolin is a crook Jessica Bolin is a rip off Motion City Media is a rip off Motion City Hosting is a rip off Motion City Media is a rip off MotionCityMedia.com is a rip off

Last edited:

CaryNC

Thanks for the reply. Growing high quality premium leaf would not be a problem for me. We will definitely have to discuss that further. I'll send you a pm in the next day or two about that. I have learned a lot from this, and the other forum. Now I can put into practice. I have been sifting potting soil (not mix) today for the seeds and have 4oz cups to start them in. Luckily I have a shed that is about 400sqft where I can start them and also have dedicated space for drying/curing.

I look forward to learning from the people here and will be in touch soon.

CaryNC

I don't have a greenhouse but I do have a very large shed that now has many tables along the walls and am preparing for the 2012 season. I have a bunch of rafters that will be good for hanging the tobacco for drying. I am currently shopping for a small wood stove that I can use to keep things warm in the winter. I have plenty of time for that though.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
id be glad to send youy some seeds,,,

big-gem...and... sharika {turkish baccy}

plus you can get some from this site in time,,,

CaryNC

id be glad to send youy some seeds,,,

big-gem...and... sharika {turkish baccy}

plus you can get some from this site in time,,,

That would be great! I want to build my seed collection and find the blend I like most. I used to smoke the name brands, then when taxes went way up I switched to buying loose tobacco and tubes. Now it is time to grow my own for free :)

I will send a PM in a few minutes.

CaryNC

After a long absence, having to take care of a very ill family member, I am finally back and just in time for growing season. Seems like ages since I last logged in to do some reading and research. Now I will have some serious time to devote to the board and anticipate a bountiful harvest with everybody's expertise here.

BarG

Founding Member
Have you started any seeds yet CaryNC? I am having trouble this yr. between work and growing. I love daylight savin time though that will help alot.

CaryNC

I have about 50 that I started just for fun back in November. Then starting in Dec/Jan I was doing a lot of traveling so I had a friend feed the animals and water the plants. I am astonished that not only did all of them survive (the plants, LOL), but did amazingly well in the garage with the swing in temps and the highs not being anywhere near ideal.
I just put them on the back porch for the last week and they have about doubled in size. They hardly grew at all while I was neglecting them but maintained very well. I think I see one trying to flower but it is only about 5 inches tall, have to get a good look at it tomorrow.

CaryNC

I guess I'm never getting anything.
Joined the board, made a request.....nothing
Asked again. Nothing.
Asked again. Nothing.
Asked again. Nothing.
Asked again. Nothing.
Really?
5 times I slipped through the cracks?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
When you first joined you asked for about 12 different varieties. I never said a word about the number of varieties. I sent your first request several months ago. About a month ago you said you never got them and asked me to send them again. Since then you've asked three more times. The seeds have been sent...again.

I've sent seeds to address's with no name, I've sent seeds to people who don't reply to simple questions like "what variety would you like?" I just send them whatever is handy. They don't reply because the only reason they signed up was for free seeds and they never come back. One of these "members" won free tobacco and she has never visited the sight since the day she registered and requested seeds. I sure in the hell am not going to beg people to accept gifts. Many times, I've sent orders for various things to members before I get paid for it. What possible incentive would I have to not send the seeds? I don't get it.

I send seeds to everyone who asks for them. I do not send the seeds certified mail or with delivery confirmation. The reason I don't sell seed is because the post office really doesn't have time to deliver the mail. When I used to sell seed, I would have to charge $2.50 just to pay off the post office to get them to promise to deliver seeds.

Like I say..."It's cheaper to give the seeds away"

Next year there will be a different program in place. If someone else wants to deal with this kind of stuff...more power to them...you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If the seed program survives to next year (and if I have any involvement in it) the seeds will not be sent until February 15. It makes no sense to send a tiny envelope that can be misplaced so easily.

I should just offer to delete the profiles for people who bitch about not getting their seeds...in effect, refunding the cost for free seeds.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yeah when I read that I didn't say anything cause I don't know what is going on with them, but to bitch about it again and again when you didn't pay for it to begin with is poor form at best. If you requested seed and are worried about the time remaining to start growing, maybe peruse the faq where many seed vendors are listed and part with a few bucks.

Holding FM to task over something that is both free (to you) and subject to the mail system is just uncalled for.

If you placed an order and didn't see it then maybe that post would have been justified.

Way to make a guy regret doing something nice though

CaryNC

I was bit (OK, a lot) hasty in my post. I had no idea they were sent twice. I was just watching the great weather and wishing I could have had more to plant.

I will have to find out what is going on with the mail here. My neighbor lost a bunch of his tax records in the mail - now that is one big headache. I apologize to Don for any grief I caused.

BarG

Founding Member
I guess I'm never getting anything.
Joined the board, made a request.....nothing
Asked again. Nothing.
Asked again. Nothing.
Asked again. Nothing.
Asked again. Nothing.
Really?
5 times I slipped through the cracks?

CaryNC, why haven't you mentioned the seed bank you are starting for you and your friends. There is a huge difference between helping a person who needs help and helping a person build there own personal stash. Feel free to reply to this as I am quite qurious as to your response as well as any other members who may have offered to help after this whiney post.

BarG

Last edited:

wazzappenning

i think fmgrowit has a lot on his plate at the moment, he seems to be taking on a ton of things at once, so i could see why there could be some delays, and even completely overlooking things thinking they were already done. not saying thats necessarily the case, but it happens you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.