Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Free Cigarette tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I knew I would meet up with you here:D This is ojsglove from the RYO ASSHOLE FORUM. Can you believe those 2 bastards?? anyway, just wanna say hi and I would be proud to help you with this, if it is not to late, hell I will gladly pay you the cost of shipping it to me. see ya

LOL, Since you have a bunch of posts over at the other site, I'l be happy to include you...I know good people when I read their posts. Send me your address.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Guys, Please! If you want to get in on this, you have to send me your address. I just moved my warehouse and my office is a complete wreck. Yes, I can find your address somewhere ...someday, but it would make my life a hell of a lot easier if you could please just send me a PM with your address....please.

I don't have anybody's address memorized except my own.....and sometimes I have to think about that one.

bryonlr

Hey bubba, This is ojsglove from the GRAND POOBAH AND HIS LACKYS FORUM if you know what i mean :D.

MarcL

WOW ! ...this sounds like fun.... I don't have the posts but, I'd like to participate... If you could make a combination package available for purchase, :cool: that would be kooL.... I could donate or PayPal... I'll Send my info.

AmaxB

You can share your results with whomever you like, just don't post them in the public forum.

Yep, it was you. I don't have a shit list yet, but I'll give you full consideration when I start one.

I really don't have one...maybe 3 weeks after you get the tobacco?

3 weeks is good 5 would be better encase we wanted to do something with the Tobacco that takes a little time. Will be a fun competition think we need a Gold, Blue, & Silver Ribbon

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
It appears some clarification of the project is in order. This is not a competition in advanced tobacco blending. This is simply to create an easy recipe that every whole leaf novice can recreate with minimal effort.

The goal is to create a blend (or two or three) of tobacco leaves that are offered by WholeLeafTobacco.com for making cigarettes.

Please keep in mind...this tobacco is going to be processed by someone who is likely already annoyed by having to remove the mid-rib and then shred the tobacco.

It's unlikely the customer will have the ambition to toast any of the tobacco, but (as we all know) toasting some tobaccos is the only proper way to use certain types of tobacco, so you are welcome to use toasted tobacco in your recipe.

Casings and topping are permitted, but again, this must be something anyone can create with minimal effort. Precise measurements will need to be submitted for your topping and casing recipes if you are one of the winning participants.

AmaxB

It appears some clarification of the project is in order. This is not a competition in advanced tobacco blending. This is simply to create an easy recipe that every whole leaf novice can recreate with minimal effort.

The goal is to create a blend (or two or three) of tobacco leaves that are offered by WholeLeafTobacco.com for making cigarettes.

Please keep in mind...this tobacco is going to be processed by someone who is likely already annoyed by having to remove the mid-rib and then shred the tobacco.

It's unlikely the customer will have the ambition to toast any of the tobacco, but (as we all know) toasting some tobaccos is the only proper way to use certain types of tobacco, so you are welcome to use toasted tobacco in your recipe.

Casings and topping are permitted, but again, this must be something anyone can create with minimal effort. Precise measurements will need to be submitted for your topping and casing recipes if you are one of the winning participants.

Got it keep simple............ as I typed my last reply I did wonder who would be doing the processing, you Don as a ready to roll blend offering or a buyer of Leaf.

DonH

Keeping it simple is good. We don't want to make this seem to difficult because it's not. But us hobbyists like to take things to the next level.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I'm coming off a few days of high fever, so I apologize for not being very clear on the task at hand.

These blends will be put into bags in whole leaf form and offered to consumers. For example...6 ozs. Virginia Bright leaf, 6 ozs. Virginia Red Leaf, 3 ozs. Turkish, 1 oz. Fire cured....all in one single bag. I will make the calculations and adjust the recipe to compensate for the mid-rib.

The consumer would then take all of the leaves in the bag, shred all of the leaves and mix all of the shredded tobacco together to create a pre-measured blend.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I'm coming off a few days of high fever, so I apologize for not being very clear on the task at hand.

These blends will be put into bags in whole leaf form and offered to consumers. For example...6 ozs. Virginia Bright leaf, 6 ozs. Virginia Red Leaf, 3 ozs. Turkish, 1 oz. Fire cured....all in one single bag. I will make the calculations and adjust the recipe to compensate for the mid-rib.

The consumer would then take all of the leaves in the bag, shred all of the leaves and mix all of the shredded tobacco together to create a pre-measured blend.
Sounds good and simple and I will go in that direction.

Mid ribs -- I find I am losing about 25% weight to ribbing. In your experience is that about right?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Sounds good and simple and I will go in that direction.

Mid ribs -- I find I am losing about 25% weight to ribbing. In your experience is that about right?

I get about half of that...10% - 12%, but I'll do more testing. The mid-rib in the leaf I sell is almost always 90% dry (or more) The mid-rib in my Flue Cured is brittle dry, while the lamina is at about 18.. Results can vary quite a bit with home grown.

Webby

I get about half of that...10% - 12%, but I'll do more testing. The mid-rib in the leaf I sell is almost always 90% dry (or more) The mid-rib in my Flue Cured is brittle dry, while the lamina is at about 18.. Results can vary quite a bit with home grown.

We're gonna have your leaf with mid rib and scales and pen and paper. I'm happy to do before and after and you will get a cross section of clutses to boot. An idea?

johnlee1933

Founding Member
We're gonna have your leaf with mid rib and scales and pen and paper. I'm happy to do before and after and you will get a cross section of clutses to boot. An idea?
And a good one Webby. We're going to be measuring weights anyhow. So just make rib weight loss part of the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.