Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Free Cigarette tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
***All positions have been filled. Please visit the forum frequently for other offers like this one***

I want to begin test marketing different blended tobaccos, but I need someone to come up with the blends first.

If you want to help design a few blends, I'll supply the tobacco.

The first 5 people who reply to this thread will receive 2 1/2 - 3 lbs of a combination of 6 or 7 different tobaccos for creating different blends. Basically, you'll measure (weigh) the different components in the blend and any subsequent adjustments to the blend. Information on toppings and/or casings must also be included.

You must have a proper shredder or shredding skills and a scale that can measure grams or ounces. The tests must be done reasonably scientifically so the blend can be reproduced.

You are at complete liberty to treat the tobacco in any way you see fit. Toasted/untoasted, cased/uncased etc. If you want to name your blend, I'll consider that too.

You are free to discuss your experiments here or keep your results top secret...it's up to you. Everyone who replies to this request will remain anonymous unless they reveal their intents themselves in this thread.

Once several recipes are submitted, quantities will be adjusted to create 2 lb. bags of whole leaf and then sent to other members to be tested and critiqued.

Properly designed blends that are used in production as well as any names of the blend used in production deserve compensation. Blends designed by the participants of this project and used in production will be given a $100 credit toward any cigarette tobacco in stock at www.WholeLeafTobacco.com.

If a blend is selected to be reproduced for market and nearly identical recipes are received, each contribution will receive the above credit.

To qualify for this promotion, you must be a member before today and have at least 25 posts (before the time of this edit).

Last edited:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I'll give it a go. I'll measure and mix and my buddy and his wife will be my guinea pigs. I have a Powermatic shredder and a Powermatic II electric cig injector.

I'll start with my standard 70%Vir., 20% Bur., 10% Ori., and then start playing. Three oz./ sample till I or they get tired of trying or we hit their perfect blend.

I guess the report will be an Excel spread sheet.

SmokeStack

Hello Don,

I would be willing to blend some tobacco. I do it all the time. In fact I find that blending tobaccos is probably one of the most rewarding aspect of the smoking experience. I entered the Fusion Lab Contest (pipesandcigars.com) and scored in 4th place. I would have probably done better if they would have toasted one of my components and pressed the mixture into flake form under heat, but the contest rules prohibited further modification of the tobaccos they supplied. In any case I would enjoy participating in this project. Count me in!

Marco

SmokeStack

By the way, I am fully equipped. I have two different scales, manual and electric shredders, presses, three different cigarette rolling machines, etc.

Aaron

I would like to try this. It sounds like a great idea. I don't have a shredder though. I cut everything by hand still. Here's a pic of a blend I just did of about 40% flue cured bright leaf, 30% flue cured VA red, and 30% YTB. It's very tasty. My shred averaged between 1.5 to 2.5 mm width on this one while not trying for a super fine shred.
SDC10883.jpg

Aaron

holyRYO

Shucks, new to the forum... I do have scissors and I think a fine cigarette palate... lol

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Shucks, new to the forum... I do have scissors and I think a fine cigarette palate... lol

One of my favorite sayings is "there are exceptions to every rule" Post your reviews (in the reviews forum) of the tobacco I sent you and I'll include you in this testing.

If there are any tobaccos you guys do not want, please let me know and I won't send it to you. I'm not expecting everyone to come up with a Bali or Stokkebye Amsterdam, so you might not need/want any Fire cured. but it's up to you.

I'm also going to increase the quantities to allow for more in depth testing and I'm going to increase the number of participants from 5 to 10.

Send e a PM with your address and any special instructions.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I'll give it a go. I'll measure and mix and my buddy and his wife will be my guinea pigs. I have a Powermatic shredder and a Powermatic II electric cig injector.

I'll start with my standard 70%Vir., 20% Bur., 10% Ori., and then start playing. Three oz./ sample till I or they get tired of trying or we hit their perfect blend.

I guess the report will be an Excel spread sheet.

i have the same,,,,

and consider myself somewhat of a master at blending,,,, without casing , ALL NATURAL,

each time i fill my '' cigar box'' up it has at least 5 types of bacca.. '' blended'' for the perfect '' all natural'' mix,

my whole grow, is consisted of the '' perfect cigg. mix'' [ my grow thread is titled as such ]

i'd be honoured to take on this, challenge,

i mainlly leave the cigar '' comments'' to the guys that know thier cigars,,, but this, issue, i believe, i can master,

count me in,

holyRYO

One of my favorite sayings is "there are exceptions to every rule" Post your reviews (in the reviews forum) of the tobacco I sent you and I'll include you in this testing.

Be glad to post them in the review section, you and the tobacco richly deserve that. Nice job with the hooligans on the other forum... lol

Webby

Am I still in with a chance. Am a cigarette smoking purist. lol
Though you guys may convert me yet to the Cigar. Love the whole ritual with rolling my own cigs, natural progression an all that.
Also I am looking for cigarette varieties to grow next year.
I have the scales and use a cuthof shredder. I like my cigs rolled not stuffed.
Almost feels like a job interview. Cheers

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Am I still in with a chance.
I don't see anything that disqualifies you. There are no stipulations on geographic locations...if that's what you're referring to.

Different parts of the world like different tasting tobacco. I sell worldwide, so I need all the input I can get from everywhere.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
In that this thread is in the public forum, I'd rather not post finished results in this thread. My competition keeps a close eye on this forum.

DGBAMA

if it was still winter time I would love to take this on. However I don't beleive I will have time to do the project justice with trying to start my first grow. Kinda jumped in with both feet at 8 varieties. Somehow I think I am going to have my hands full the next few months.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
In that this thread is in the public forum, I'd rather not post finished results in this thread. My competition keeps a close eye on this forum.
As well they should. Your efforts and this forum make you a leader. May we share results with friends or is this strictly us to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.