Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Storing Tobacco in a Humidor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosealmond

Hey guys,I am curious what you all think is the best storage method.I have heard some say to use glass Ball jars while
others say mold forms in those.I have seen pictures on here of a member storing his tobacco along with cigarettes in a humidor.
I like the way that looks but is it worth it?What do you all think works best overall.I am wanting to be able to store some of it
for six months.Is this possible or will it go bad?Thankyou!:)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Once it has cured, you can pretty much store it any way you want to, as long as you don't store it so wet that it molds. Store it at a moisture content where the leaf is just pliable like old leather, but not so dry it crumbles or crackles. You can leave it hanging in the shed or attic or put it jars, boxes, sacks, whatever, just so long as it's not so wet it molds. If it gets so dry it crumbles, you can mist it with water until it absorbs enough moisture that you can easily handle it.

BarG

Founding Member
Hey guys,I am curious what you all think is the best storage method.I have heard some say to use glass Ball jars while
others say mold forms in those.I have seen pictures on here of a member storing his tobacco along with cigarettes in a humidor.
I like the way that looks but is it worth it?What do you all think works best overall.I am wanting to be able to store some of it
for six months.Is this possible or will it go bad?Thankyou!:)

Alot of people will disagree with me here but, When I shred and store tobacco, with some varietys it seems to continue to release ammonia if sealed up and smells worse when before it smelled good. I shred usualy what I plan to use in a week or 2.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Alot of people will disagree with me here but, When I shred and store tobacco, with some varietys it seems to continue to release ammonia if sealed up and smells worse when before it smelled good. I shred usualy what I plan to use in a week or 2.
Do you think that ammonia smell may be from ongoing fermenting? If so, airing it out might give you better smoke than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.