Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Yellow growth bud in container transplants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisherman

Hello,

Am having problems with plants in 5 gallon buckets. I have a variety of soil mixs and some plants are showing yellowing in growth bud and not on older leaves.
I checked water and it seems to be ok and not overly wet. Plants are making progress tho some mixes are pale green all over and I am sure is the mix and no fertilizer the cause.

I have added epsom salts and fertilizer to some and iron supplement in soil and thru spray on leaves.

It looks like magnesium and/or iron defeciency..

Has only been 1 day since the iron foliar spray so maybe tommorow will show some greening....

Growing in buckets with basically soilless mixs means more fertilizer needs I am sure and have not fertilized these plant full strength miracle gro so far as have been using 1/4 strength.

And the idea of the system they are growing in [ gutter system by Larry Hall] I was hoping to add fertilizer to the gutter but maybe the plants are to short rooted yet to get the nutrients and may have to add on top of bucket first few times.

I should be shot for not keeping better records on the doctoring of these yellow plants but I was so cocksure I knew the problem that I dosed them and quickly forgot what and which ones got what...................

1 (2).JPG2 (2).JPG
3 (2).JPG4 (2).JPG
5 (2).JPG6 (2).JPG
7 (2).JPG8 (2).JPG
9 (2).JPG10 (2).JPG

The rest of the plants not planted are not showing the problem as bad????????????????

Any idea what is problem??

Knucklehead

Founding Member
There's a fingerprint or something in the middle of your lens. Bob wants a close up (macro) shot of the yellowed area.

Fisherman

Technically, it's not a Mg deficiency, but added Mg will make additional nutrients available to the plant.

Many thanks Mr FmGrowit............... I had added some salts to a few and dam it i did not keep records which from this morning out I will.

I am posting more pics from today tho they say 4-9-13 on them just for the record. [ I had 6 plants that were just pale yellow so I doped them up with some miracle gro and lime.......... That should be pretty cool if they live............. Marked them with blue markers and got them logged in new notebook.

THE ONE ON RIGHT IS THE ONE CLOSEUP WAS TAKEN OF:
View attachment 4436View attachment 4437
CLEANED LENS ALSO.

Attachments

• tn_2-8.JPG
    tn_2-8.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 47
  • tn_3-8.JPG
    tn_3-8.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 47

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
There is really no need to post so many pictures of the same problem. The server can't handle quite the load. I'm editing your post to reduce the stress on the server.

Wait a few days and you'll see the plants that have been treated will be dark green. Feel free to post a picture or two of those plants.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
If you use links, and delete the pics from your server, your post will become useless (because the pictures will be gone). All you have to do is post fewer pictures. If you have multiple problems, that's a different story, but all of your pictures are of one problem.

Trust me, I've done this before.

Fisherman

If you add a pic thru a link I don't think it cost your server any storage... It is the html page doing the work. I can put the pics on my server and just add link here is what I mean. Compared to uploading and storing to your server as I have been doing. Also is possible thru link to add larger more resolute pics thru link so you could zoom in and all.

Today the ones I added the iron to are worlds better. I had also added some epsom salts prior.... Will epsom salt all and modify soil recipe to include correct epsom salts......... 2 days and they are worlds better.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The problem is Don has to look to the future of the site. If you leave for whatever reason and take down the pictures from your server, the pictures here disappear, making your thread look pretty goofy to future readers.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
There are three issues here.

1. There is no need to upload 20 pictures to evaluate a single problem.

2. Not all members have hi-speed internet connections and multiple or large pictures take forever to load.

3. If you put a link to your pictures in a post and someday remove those pictures from your server, your thread and any and all information offered to help you will be rendered useless to others who might have the same problem someday.

I can't stop you from putting links to your pictures, but if I believe the information you are getting from this forum to be helpful to others, I will copy your pictures, upload them to the site and delete your links.

I've never had this conversation with anyone before today...I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand.

This is a community based forum. All information here is or should be available to anyone who seeks it at any time.

The Epsom salts is a temporary solution. You need to begin a fertilizer treatment for your plants. Please search the Fertilizer forum for this information.

Fisherman

Ok i see what you mean. I was thinking storage not the other thing you are talking about. Ok will only make 1 pic from the other day on. I am a community minded and oriented person and this internet and places like this are valuable.
Mike

Fisherman

4-12-13:
Green leaves gone!
Many thanks to fmgrowit for epsom salt advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tn_101_0814.JPG

also is good possiblility that the buckets were over watered as well....................

Status
Not open for further replies.