Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Baking the sisha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

While readin on a nutter site I come across a few post that said to bake sisha at 200deg. for sevarl hours. Im playin around with that and will post more as I test some of it out. It May be what Ive been missin.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Which sisha ? Flavored or non-flavored ? You're already cooking your tobacco with sugar, gylicerin, aromas etc. to make the sisha. Baking the sisha may increase the viscosity too much and caramelize it.

Boboro

Its the flavored, I can ajust the viscosity, Its perpus is to smooth out the smoke. If it caramelizes it will taste like burnin sugar? I just baked a small amount if its bad I will try a nutter way.The ppl. on the hookha forum all agreedIt should be baked.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I'm not sure if the smoke will taste like caramel when caramelized but it will probably smell like burnt sugar.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
You really have to be careful about what's posted on forums. I understand some forums are frequented by knuckleheads that don't know what they're talking about!!

Boboro

We had some storms here today so I fired up the hookha. I do think it helped. I was bringin some cig. bacca in to case so I put it back in for more bakein. I hope them storms treats Ala. better than they did MS.

Matty

It's been almost a year now since I tried makin' black cavendish. While I was steamin' the tobacco leaves, and topping up the water in the pot, a lot, I could only put 2" of water, my neighbor came see me. When he come in he asked me if I was bakin an appl pie or something, he said that's what it smelled like. Anyway, a long story short, I got the idea to maybe bake the baccy in the oven with some apple, ya know? Get like a bean pot or some piece of crockware, put some apples in with the leaves on top, put the lid on and kinda bake it for awhile? I never tried it yet though, maybe someday.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
NO! NO NO!- Do not bake... After You steam- Fold and press.. 20 to 60 lbs at a time for 12 hrs Tops 2 hrs. min.! Never bake. Bring it down to 70 deg. and let the weight do the work. Then block and chop it to what You wish. Don't force it. I do not have the time to explain why now. But delux or Fmgrow it can to extent. It is the chem. compounds that change when You do that . And I have some char for You I made. Mad-

Boboro

Its took a few years to realy learn hookah. Now I think I can make good hookah backer. Mad I run thu coals like a wormy pup runs thu puppy chow.

Status
Not open for further replies.