Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

whats best-gum arabic or pectin???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

I tried some gum arabic awhile ago. Sticks the cigar leaf just about permanently once it's dried. Thing is that the un used glue went moldy within a few days where as the pectin I've kept for a week or two. The arabic I tried was unrefined so probably had a few spores in it. I like the arabic a little more than the pectin.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I mix pectin to a very thick paste. Covered in the fridge, it seems to last a month or more without molding. That's a good thing, since I seldom use it. For the cheap price of powdered pectin, I'll pass on making my own.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I haven't tried the gum arabic, only the pectin. I've been perfectly satisfied so far with the pectin. My rule for changing products or vendors that I am happy with is this: I must get a better product for the same price, or the same product for a better price. This works out very well in any enterprise.

jekylnz

I haven't tried the gum arabic, only the pectin. I've been perfectly satisfied so far with the pectin. My rule for changing products or vendors that I am happy with is this: I must get a better product for the same price, or the same product for a better price. This works out very well in any enterprise.

Theyre not much different..maybe less likely to come undone arabic or tragacanth..but I think anything that works (flavour less .sentless.etc.)spit if theyre only smoked by yourself. .

I also have had all go off and grow mold..now wen I roll I separate what im gonna us first so I dint contaminate the wholw lot. .otherwise make up just a little that u will use up .I was throwing a heap away before..

Status
Not open for further replies.