Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Workhorse's 2013 bacca patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse_01

04/13/2013, The morning weather is 55* and trying not to give in to the most beautiful time of year we growers and gardeners dream of. I have seen the promise of things to come with the new leaves on my pecan trees, around here we have a saying "Let the weatherman say what he want's to THE PECAN TREES DON'T LIE". I've gotten my potting mix ready and ever so carefully placed two tobacco seeds in each tray, then placed them outside in the sun. I check them each morning and now like magic little green leaves........ You guys know what that means????? It's time to get busy, and I'm looking forward to reading your new grow blogs. I can't wait to get the plants in the ground. Today I got on the old john deere me and Mr.hydrocodon and disc'd up the garden I added the lime and super rainbow 10/10/10 (thanks county extension agent) now I'm ready to lay it off and plant some baccy. I've got two weeks to get it in before my surgery. My plan is if the garden is in I'll have to get up and tend to it. I've leased my contractors license to a guy and that should pull us through at least until I'm me again so that should give me more time to garden. Thanks to all who take the time to read my blog.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Hey Hoss, Good to see you posting (and growing) again. Best of luck with your surgery. Remember Mr. Hydo and a little Georgia jelly jar work wonders.

DGBAMA

Look forward to following along. First year for me so a lot to learn. Have sprouts ready to transfer to individual cells this weekend though; so may be off to a good start. Best wishes with your surgery and a speedy recovery.

workhorse_01

My first ARS GRIN order Items:
3 PI 509533 - TOB - Nicotiana tabacum
4 PI 511342 - TOB - Nicotiana tabacum
5 PI 512296 - TOB - Nicotiana tabacum
6 PI 551282 - TOB - Nicotiana tabacum
7 PI 551284 - TOB - Nicotiana tabacum
8 PI 552334 - TOB - Nicotiana tabacum
9 PI 552783 - TOB - Nicotiana tabacum

workhorse_01

Thank you! I need everyone I know to pray for me as I believe that it will bring me through. If this request offends anyone I don't apologize for my faith just for offending them.hey you ever catch anything in that pool? Probably a 9 pounder or a good buzzz LOL

Last edited:

workhorse_01

My buddy bought this small farm and it had these old tin signs hanging on the wall of the old shack. I been tryin to get him to give them to me. they are faded so bad you can only read them holding them at an angle so I looked them up on the net here's what they are.....banjo tobacco.jpgbull durham sign.jpg

johnlee1933

Founding Member
My buddy bought this small farm and it had these old tin signs hanging on the wall of the old shack. I been tryin to get him to give them to me. they are faded so bad you can only read them holding them at an angle so I looked them up on the net here's what they are.....]
I can't tell you how many I rolled from the Bull Durham sacks. A buddy and I were at the stock races at the old Danbury, CT race track and I was rolling one. A young gal behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said "Are you gonna share that?" I wasn't thinking and said "Sure". So I lit up and passed it back. She took a deep hit, coughed and said "Jeaasus Kee-rist!, That's tobacco!" I thought my buddy would fall off the bleachers.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I can't tell you how many I rolled from the Bull Durham sacks. A buddy and I were at the stock races at the old Danbury, CT race track and I was rolling one. A young gal behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said "Are you gonna share that?" I wasn't thinking and said "Sure". So I lit up and passed it back. She took a deep hit, coughed and said "Jeaasus Kee-rist!, That's tobacco!" I thought my buddy would fall off the bleachers.
LOL

workhorse_01

Somewhere around the late seventies my mom took my brother to an eagles concert, she said the whole place smelled like bad tobacco and maybe a skunk got loose in the place but she said "It was one of the best concert's she had ever been to"... Mom and dad don't smoke, chew, or drink. LOL

workhorse_01

They gave no notice,the paper envelope just showed up in the mailbox . Sent from NC. It actually was faster than I thought about six day's including the weekend. I have no complaints. All seven varieties are planted. 20 seeds of each. Now they say around 1000 seeds each... more like 100, but still GOD willing and some new bags it will be a thousand. It was a good experience order what you want tell them what you will be growing for ie red aphid resistance and then keep notes. If they would like a report I'd be more than happy to help out.

workhorse_01

Did you order from them? I only ordered seven varieties because with what I'm ordering from bigbonner that will top out what I can care for. Especially with my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.