Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemminkainen

I've been reading this and "the other forum" for some time now, and figured I might as well introduce myself. This will be my second year growing tobacco, but as it looks now it will be quite a small grow. Germinated some Virginia, Izmir, Black Sea Samsun and something that the seller called Black Sea Blonde from seeds I had left from my previous grow, a few years back. None of the Virginia seeds germinated, which is ok, since I couldn't hope to cure the leaf to anywhere near the quality of Don's leaf, so I'll happily buy my Virginia. I did get some of all other varieties, a lot less than I had hoped for, but at least I have something to grow out.
This seems like a great place and I'm thrilled to have found it.

/Patrik

DGBAMA

Welcome! I have 6 varieties germinating myself. And like you my VA Gold (two different seed strains) is the only one that has not sprouted.

ChuckP

Howdy and Welcome Aboard Patrik!

You can't the quality and price of the leaf on WLT! What do you grow the tobacco for - pipe or cigs? How long is your growing season?

Good Luck and keep us posted -- ChuckP

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome to FTT Patrik. I"m sure you'll enjoy your time here. I know I have. I am also a small grower with ~50 plants. How many do you plan on growing? I agree with you on bulk leaf. I am a cigar smoker/roller and grow my wrapper and flavor accent leaves but buy most of my filler.

Again WELCOME !

leverhead

Welcome! Growing all of the tobacco you smoke isn't for everybody, but if you grow your "spice" tobacco you can still end up with something very nice. Start a grow blog, it would be interesting to see how tobacco grows that far North.

lemminkainen

Howdy and Welcome Aboard Patrik!

You can't the quality and price of the leaf on WLT! What do you grow the tobacco for - pipe or cigs? How long is your growing season?

Good Luck and keep us posted -- ChuckP

Thanks! I grow for cigarettes mostly, although I have been thinking of making me a pipe (I'm a furniture maker). Our growing season is quite short, there is still plenty of snow right now. I'm guessing I won't be transplanting until late May or early June.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Thanks! I grow for cigarettes mostly, although I have been thinking of making me a pipe (I'm a furniture maker). Our growing season is quite short, there is still plenty of snow right now. I'm guessing I won't be transplanting until late May or early June.
I don't transplant till the last week in May. When is your first frost?

lemminkainen

Welcome to FTT Patrik. I"m sure you'll enjoy your time here. I know I have. I am also a small grower with ~50 plants. How many do you plan on growing? I agree with you on bulk leaf. I am a cigar smoker/roller and grow my wrapper and flavor accent leaves but buy most of my filler.

Again WELCOME !
Thanks! I was planning on 50 - 60, but will probably end up with about half of that, unless I get some more seed somewhere. Yeah, I've been trying to get around big tobacco for years, and being able to buy whole leaf is just fantastic!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Finland! Wow! How far are you from the Arctic Circle?
If you click on your profile, you can add your general location. Then it will appear beneath your name in all your posts, and be helpful to other members in responding to questions.

Welcome to the forum.

Bob

lemminkainen

Welcome! Growing all of the tobacco you smoke isn't for everybody, but if you grow your "spice" tobacco you can still end up with something very nice. Start a grow blog, it would be interesting to see how tobacco grows that far North.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't have the space to grow or especially dry and cure all the tobacco I smoke, but hope to get some "spice" to mix with the leaf I buy. I don't think I'll have time for a blog this year, but I can try to post some pics and stuff along the way.

I don't transplant till the last week in May. When is your first frost?

First frost is usually about the end of September - beginning of October, so hopefully I'll have about 3 1/2 months.

Finland! Wow! How far are you from the Arctic Circle?
If you click on your profile, you can add your general location. Then it will appear beneath your name in all your posts, and be helpful to other members in responding to questions.

Welcome to the forum.

Bob

I'm about 850 km (about 530 miles) from the arctic circle. Ok, I'll update my profile. Thanks!

Welcome Patrik! Man, your English is perfect. How did you learn it so well?

Thank you! I've lived in a few English speaking countries and also had a few jobs here in Finland where the official language of the companies was English. I reckon my English is probably better than my Finnish (I belong to a minority of Swedish speaking Finns).

Thanks to all others who have wished me wellcome!

jekylnz

Welcome to the redneck growers association patrik .jokes.u will find out if u hang around that everyone on here is pretty informative combined and always accommodating & willing to help with any advice .Hope u enjoy the funny (&torment.lol) and comments u learn from

ChuckP

Howdy Patrik,

Thanks for the info! I wish you all the best this year! Be sure to post pics of your baccy and your new pipe.

BarG

Founding Member
Welcome, I reckon you speak it alot to say you reckon you speak it well. Do you have any southern Americans up there?

DonH

Welcome, I reckon you speak it alot to say you reckon you speak it well. Do you have any southern Americans up there?
He's going to have to run that through Google Translator: Southern American to Finnish!

lemminkainen

Welcome to the redneck growers association patrik .jokes.u will find out if u hang around that everyone on here is pretty informative combined and always accommodating & willing to help with any advice .Hope u enjoy the funny (&torment.lol) and comments u learn from

Thanks! Yes, very helpful and informative people here, I've found.

Welcome to FTT lemminkainen. Sounds good.

Thank you!

Howdy Patrik,

Thanks for the info! I wish you all the best this year! Be sure to post pics of your baccy and your new pipe.

Thank you! I will post some pics once I get them outside. I'm not sure when I'll get around to making the pipe, but when I do I can post pics.

Thanks. I don't think I've come across any southern Americans here, I'm sure there are some though.

He's going to have to run that through Google Translator: Southern American to Finnish!

I did have to read it twice...

Status
Not open for further replies.