Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Coolidor.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

Course, once you've got them rolled, you need to keep them right.

Have you guys seen this site? coolidor.com

Click on the link labeled Avallo Accumonitor on the left. That's a pretty neat humidity controller right there.

Chris A

I've used a Coleman Cooler exclusively for almost 15 years. I think I got the idea from a discussion group on AOL. Cheap & does the job very well.

Ashauler

Founding Member
I've used a Coleman Cooler exclusively for almost 15 years. I think I got the idea from a discussion group on AOL. Cheap & does the job very well.
Yep, I've been using coolers for the bulk of my stash for years......skip the fancy humidifiers too and use humidity beads instead.

Chris A

I use florist's oasis foam & a 50/50 mix of distilled water & propylene glycol. Put in in a used 1 lb butter tub with a bunch of holes & slits. Works like a charm. Spot on 70% RH.

Ashauler

Founding Member
I like my cigars in the 60-65 % rh range. For long term aging I keep one cooler at 70%.

Ashauler

Founding Member
I use the beads from heartfelt industries. I've never liked the idea of using the PG solution, though I know of many who do use it. The higher rh it provides just seems to create nothing but issues...burn problems, tight draws, and off flavor, bitter cigars towards the nub. If you experience any of those issues, I would suggest leaving the cigar you're going to smoke outside of your cooler (known as dryboxing) for several hours prior to smoking. Even the night before if the rh in your storage device is much above 70%.

Status
Not open for further replies.