Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

ive aqquired the '' MACK DADDY'' of sprayer's, MR. HORNWORM IM COMING FOR YOU,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
as we all grow our own tobacco/

we are going to find that a good sprayer is a must/ just as fertilizer and water is to the plant,

the ability to braodcast your insectiside. is a major hurdle you must cross for sucess,

for me and my area, HORNWORMS are the major issue, with some aphids threw in the mix,

ive had a small sprayer,,,,,then got a bulky medium sized one,

and realized i was wasting my time,,,, SO I PUT THE WORD OUT, i was in the market for a BACKPACK sprayer,!!!!!

[ just as i put the word out for a snapper mower,,] :)

...the sprayer's nozzle is broken,,,, but i got 3 spares, that will work just fine,,,:cool:

im READY<

>
sam2882q.jpg

sam2883o.jpg

sam2884.jpg

DGBAMA

With your grow I was expecting to see a 20 gal tank mounted on the back of an ATV.

Boboro

I know you know about that but others mite not. Itsbest to have 2 sprayers. 1 for bugs and 1 for herbicide.

AmaxB

I know you know about that but others mite not. Itsbest to have 2 sprayers. 1 for bugs and 1 for herbicide.
I didn't know but do now :confused: ..Mix some of that POOO in from them Gard Chickens
Gonna have to get me one,What is good to spray to keep the cridders off and help the tobacco? I don't want to smoke bad stuff.

BigBonner

Founding Member
They make a hand pump backpack sprayer like Chickens and you should be able to buy one at any farm supply store .
Before I sprayed sucker control on tobacco with a High boy ( Like a tractor but made just for spraying tobacco , corn , soybeans ) A back pack sprayer is what I used .

And yes if I didn't know what was used in it before I would definatly clean it out . Here is instructions for a large sprayer . http://www.caes.uga.edu/commodities/spray/pubs/documents/CleaningAgriculturalSprayers.pdf

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I didn't know but do now :confused: ..Mix some of that POOO in from them Gard Chickens
Gonna have to get me one,What is good to spray to keep the cridders off and help the tobacco? I don't want to smoke bad stuff.

Dish washing detergent and water is good for aphids, although someone will need to tell us the proportions. BT (bacillus thuringus or something like that) is good for worms. It's like a virus instead of poison, it won't harm beneficial insects like bees, etc. It's recommended for vegetables and stuff so it's safe as long as you give it time to get off the plants.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Dish washing detergent and water is good for aphids, although someone will need to tell us the proportions. BT (bacillus thuringus or something like that) is good for worms. It's like a virus instead of poison, it won't harm beneficial insects like bees, etc. It's recommended for vegetables and stuff so it's safe as long as you give it time to get off the plants.

it is very important, to know the name of that poision,

because it does wonder's for what it was made for,

Knucklehead

Founding Member
it is very important, to know the name of that poision,
because it does wonder's for what it was made for,

You made me go and get the bottle. :) From the label: Bacillus thuringiensis. Mine is made by Hi-Yield, called Thuricide Concentrate. BT is the main ingredient. Chicken, you're hard on a feller. I got pretty close just from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.