Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Why does my processed tobacco stink once lit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home Smoker

I have had great success to growing and harvesting my tobacco. Tried several different methods of drying and curing. Not sure if I'm being impatient but when I light my cigarette it has a putrid and very strong smell - why is this? It tastes great but can't stand the smell.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
no clue, my stuff is wonderful. you might fill in some backstory though

Knucklehead

Founding Member
What variety is the tobacco, what was the cure method, how old is the tobacco, etc.?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. SmokesAhoy speaks the truth. The problem could be any number of things. Tell us your geographic location, the variety grown, how harvested, how color-cured, and how old the leaf is now.

Bob

Seanz

Welcome.. Maybe its still a bit raw i have noticed that in some of my havanna that its still gives off a stench, but then I also cant smoke it headaches, crook guts the whole shooting match.

holyRYO

Stinks compared to what? I hope not my feet... welcome. :)

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome to the FTT. I don't have an answer for yoou yet. Not in my experience. Tell us all a bit more and you'll likely get an answer.

leverhead

I have had great success to growing and harvesting my tobacco. Tried several different methods of drying and curing. Not sure if I'm being impatient but when I light my cigarette it has a putrid and very strong smell - why is this? It tastes great but can't stand the smell.

What color is the ash? Does it burn OK?

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
C'mon guys, it's obvious... He's smoking Latakia!
Actually, there is a lot we do not know such as what cultivar was grown, how was it cured, did it cure correctly or green? did it cure with mold on it? was it kilned? if so for how long and at what temps? was it stored to wet?

workhorse_01

I agree its hard to help you fix a air conditioner over the phone if you don't know if it's a gas furnace ,a heat pump, straight cool etc. If you want answers about tobacco you've come to the right place but you have to give some details to the people who know. Then be prepared for the storm of questions that follow
C'mon guys, it's obvious... He's smoking Latakia!
Actually, there is a lot we do not know such as what cultivar was grown, how was it cured, did it cure correctly or green? did it cure with mold on it? was it kilned? if so for how long and at what temps? was it stored to wet?

Status
Not open for further replies.